PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Southern Draw Manzanita: tons of fruit and citrus, bit of earth , lot of spice on the retro with a long finish and bbq chewiness. Really comes together to create a cinnamon-apple compote cigar in my head here. By far the best SD cigar I’ve smoked, and reminds me a bit of the Pepin Blue Lancero with its impeccable construction and burn, and some similar flavor profile.
IMG_7485.jpeg

Speak Easy

Lifer
Jan 12, 2024
Western Oklahoma
Southern Draw Manzanita: tons of fruit and citrus, bit of earth , lot of spice on the retro with a long finish and bbq chewiness. Really comes together to create a cinnamon-apple compote cigar in my head here. By far the best SD cigar I’ve smoked, and reminds me a bit of the Pepin Blue Lancero with its impeccable construction and burn, and some similar flavor profile.
View attachment 328667
Second time I’ve heard this. I’ll be putting this one on my list.

JoeW

Can't Leave
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
Good old Nestico

View attachment 328688
Back to the grind and less interesting backgrounds. Beautiful day though
Hope you are all well
Reminds me of the day I came home from work and showed my kids the pic I took of the odometer reading 123456. The little jerks said, “Cool. Why were you taking a picture while driving 85 mph?”

I’m tempted to try those Nesticos one of these days.

ThomasS

Can't Leave
Apr 30, 2024
Bayfield, WI
Today’s Factory Smoke had the band come off with the plastic wrap (didn’t notice when I put it in the humidor, but it was gone when I took it out). It did a thing I’ve not seen before. Halfway through, it started to just fall apart and kept getting more "frazzled". It tasted fine (on the nicer end for the Factory Smokes, actually), but it burned very oddly.

image.jpg

JoeW

Can't Leave
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
The rain has cleared up, the sun is out, and it’s a pleasantly cool evening here in the woods. I’m enjoying a CAO Flathead 660 which has been in the humidor since November.
IMG_5750.jpeg

The first third was pretty unremarkable. Reviews described it as a “cocoa bomb”, but all I got was some pleasant toasty flavor and some spice on the palate.

The second third is better, though: a little more toasty tobacco flavor. It’s better than the first (and only other) CAO I had, but I don’t see myself hurrying out to buy more.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Marco V Classico Gold

1000003699.jpg
A generous gift from my friends in WI, it's a bit bigger than I usually choose @ 5 X 60.

One of those "triple Maduros" that I guess are somewhat popular now. It had some redeeming qualities, and I belive they go for about $5 so if larger sticks are your thing and you're looking for a more budget option then these might be worth considering.

I've also had a Black Sapphire from this brand that was surprisingly good.