PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
I like that Xikar.
You happy with yours?
I do, too. Has been a faithful companion for many years. Had a Palio i used to always use, but a buddy borrowed it to "sharpen it" for me and then covid hit, the patronage was never quite the same at the local and it never made it's way back home. The original Xikar i had was from an old forum named eHerf. That one got dropped on a concrete slab and this one was it's replacement. ;)

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
What kind of bike do you ride?

'02 VTX 1800 Retro custom - bought it in '04, customized it myself and have ridden it ever since. Prior to this i had a 1500 Valkyrie, but wasn't digging the 6 cylinders (and their maintenance). ;) Thinking about getting a Street Glide for the place in Florida maybe next year due to the fact i'll be spending more time down there than here in the Pacific NW starting this winter.

vtx 1.JPG
vtx 3.JPG

ThomasS

Can't Leave
Apr 30, 2024
Bayfield, WI
I had a Ventura “Cuban Rejects” maduro. It was… inexpensive. I didn’t photograph it, since there’s no band and it is remarkably plain to look at.
It wasn’t bad, burned evenly though it went out a few times. It tasted and smelled very “cigar” - not sure how else to describe it. It reminded me of the color beige. Glad I only bought two.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Crowned Heads Le Careme "Pastelitos"

1000003104.jpg
A stumpy little guy @ 4 X 54

Made by E.P. Carrillo I belive

2023 limited edition, released in late March. I found 3 boxes of these at my local shop, sort of up high and out of circulation. I'd been interested in them, and with a year of box time I had high hopes and grabbed 4.

My buddy and I each smoked one back in April and were underwhelmed. I decided to try one today after a few months humi time.

First third had me ready to hop in the car for more. Lovely sugar-cinnamon butter and a starchy goodness that reminded me of lefse (yah sure you betcha).

2nd and 3rd thirds were less impressive, with some significant bitterness towards the end. But wow, what a difference a few months made (if that's really what it was, and not differences between sticks).

Eager to see how the 4th one smokes but will probably wait another couple months.

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
Arturo Fuente Don Carlos Eye of The Shark
otFcqRjl.jpg