PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Drucquers Banner

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
It claims to be a 15 stick box. It has 3 "levels" of foam inserts to cradle the cigars. If one were to remove one or more of those inserts, more cigars would fit. It has decent latches, two spots for padlocks, a pressure valve for air travel and even a cheap humidifier insert. It's probably more effective than my (also cheap) 30 stick desktop humidor.

View attachment 323702

View attachment 323703

View attachment 323704
I just put a couple Bovita bags in the bottom of mine and call it good. Those foam pads just ask for mold.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
I bought a 100 cigar Mantello late 2019. Serving me exceptionally well till today, but I bought another 150 cigar humidor earlier this year (Mervero) to increase my capacity from 100 to 250
That did cross my mind. At one time I thought I would be happy with a handful of pipes, now I have well over 100 (lost count). I went to pick it up on my way home today from work and almost fist bumped this beauty when reaching for the box. Just finished seasoning it. KIMG3297.JPGKIMG3299.JPG

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I'm not a huge Gurkha fan, but this would be intriguing. Love the Nicaraguan stuff. How was it?

I prefer heavier, deeper flavors than this cigar. Having never tried it, I rolled the dice. It has that, for lack of a better term, graham cracker taste that I don't much care for. It was not terrible flavor, but I won't buy any more.

Additionally, this batch seems to have been poorly maintained. Minor runs throughout the smoke and a major problem with the wrapper splitting, flaking and shedding all over.

Forum Sig.png

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Micallef Migdalia Petite Corona
1000003083.jpg
So today I took out 3 cigars and laid them on the dressor for a few hours. I then clipped and draw tested all 3, and selected the most open one. This worked well and smoked evenly on this 90° and humid day.

Perhaps a bit involved, but I felt like a real doof wasting that Colmena a few nights ago.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Micallef Migdalia Petite Corona
View attachment 324045
So today I took out 3 cigars and laid them on the dressor for a few hours. I then clipped and draw tested all 3, and selected the most open one. This worked well and smoked evenly on this 90° and humid day.

Perhaps a bit involved, but I felt like a real doof wasting that Colmena a few nights ago.
I need to invest in the Perfect Draw tool for when I encounter such roadblocks. As frugal as I can be, I would grind up a cigar and smoke it in a pipe (little by little) before I tossed it. Don't feel like a doof. It's your money, you can be as involved as you want to be👍

Last edited:

CigarsNCigars

Lurker
Jun 19, 2024
cigarsncigars.com
Topo Chico Lime and Cohiba Blue
20240713-200845.jpg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I need to invest in the Perfect Draw tool for when I encounter such roadblocks. As frugal as I can be, I would grind up a cigar and smoke it in a pipe (little by little) before I tossed it. Don't feel like a doof. It's your money, you can be as involved as you want to be👍
Thanks Zero!

Perfectdraw has definitely saved (and improved) a few for me.

Little backstory on the Colmena "Black Honey." My buddy bought a box this past winter and we each smoked 2 and loved them. He brought 2 over a few nights ago for a treat. Clipped, draw tested- way too tight. Perfectdraw... still tight (should have stopped here and picked something else), but we were eager to smoke them so lit up hoping they would loosen. They didn't. Perfectdraw some more, but it seemed that any time we got some space inside, the leaves would just swell in response and we'd be tight again almost immediately.

He tossed his, I suffered through mine.

I suppose I'm learning when to set a smoke aside, if it's not seeming like it will work. Best time for this is before lighting it seems

Last edited: