PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Micallef Blue, with some Basil Hayden Dark Rye. The Micallef came with the Smoke Inn COTM a few months ago and isn’t something I would normally buy, but I may have to get some more. Very pleasant and smooth

View attachment 323596
I've had some great experiences with the little Micallef "a," but also a few unsmokably plugged and/or terribly bitter.

Here's hoping you have better luck if you choose to buy in

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Had a Tatuaje: Petite 4.50 x 32 on the way to work this morning. Registers 5 dots for strength at SP. Enjoyed the flavor and aroma, but at the halfway point it felt like trying to suck cold mashed potatoes thru a straw. With a few relights, I kept rolling it between my fingers trying to loosen it up... and in the final 3rd it opened up (still maintaining good flavor). Not bad for $3.38, especially if you're patient. Didn't feel the 5 dots, and it took me an hour plus to finish it between the driving, feeding the gatos , and relights. Would repeat if they were to announce that they fixed the draw. KIMG3295.JPG

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
It claims to be a 15 stick box. It has 3 "levels" of foam inserts to cradle the cigars. If one were to remove one or more of those inserts, more cigars would fit. It has decent latches, two spots for padlocks, a pressure valve for air travel and even a cheap humidifier insert. It's probably more effective than my (also cheap) 30 stick desktop humidor.

1720843681026.jpeg

1720843708300.jpeg

Forum Sig.png

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Good deal. Thanks again, I'll probably pick one up next time around. I like the design. Since I missed out on that one and I needed a bigger humidor, I ordered a Mantello from Amazon for $69.99. It should fulfill my needs or be sufficient enough. I don't need a walk in humidor. Screenshot_20240712-231614~2.png

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Warped la Colmena Black Honey out back with my buddy
View attachment 323719
Both he and I had serious draw issues that perfectdraw could not help :(
Sad, as these are magnificent smokes and we've smoked from this box before without issue. Could be the outdoor temp/humidity combo caused them to swell?

Could be! I store my smoke-now Havanas @ upper 50s/lower 60s RH. When I take them out in particularly humid conditions, I have similar results. To that end, if I'm smoking a cigar in humid conditions, I opt for a short and skinny, rather than something beefy like a robusto. Or I'll grab something from one of the humidors I keep in the high 60s RH. Case in point on this hot and humid morning, a Demi Tasse:

IMG_20240713_094235468.jpg

Most of the time during weather like this, I opt for a pipe.

Good deal. Thanks again, I'll probably pick one up next time around. I like the design. Since I missed out on that one and I needed a bigger humidor, I ordered a Mantello from Amazon for $69.99. It should fulfill my needs or be sufficient enough. I don't need a walk in humidor. View attachment 323709
I bought a 100 cigar Mantello late 2019. Serving me exceptionally well till today, but I bought another 150 cigar humidor earlier this year (Mervero) to increase my capacity from 100 to 250

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
uuRuPBcl.jpg

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
Having my first Gurkha Nicaragua Toro.

View attachment 323692

I bought a dozen of these to get the "free" travel humidor.

View attachment 323693

View attachment 323694
I'm not a huge Gurkha fan, but this would be intriguing. Love the Nicaraguan stuff. How was it?

Speaking of Nicaraguan tobacco, i just got back in from the backyard tanning session, accompanied by an all-time favorite stick: the Padron Anni 1964 natural. Love these earlier in the day with coffee. The maduro is an after dinner delight. ;)

PAN1964.JPG

It wasn't so pretty by the time i got done with it. To the nub!

PAN64 to the nub.JPG

Dropped the damn thing on the slab while fetching the camera and removing the lense cover, hence the ash on the nail. No, i don't smoke that dirty! :P