PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
illusione Original Documents Corojo
IMG_6687.jpeg
Nice dark corojo rosado wrapper but I think the dark red cherry sweetness and coffee notes sorta blocked my favorite attributes of the corojo during the first third. Came off muddled for me.

Now thankfully that ends in the second third allowing the Corojo to do some talkin where this blend has evened out with a nice sweet carmelized, creamy nuttiness powering through the earlier darker flavor spectrum.

Good cigar but I think I like the Warped KJG I smoked last night much more, with its Dominican Corojo so sparkly and alive on the palate with a lovely coated mouthfeel and flavors you get from munching on walnuts. Some seriously nice leather in there too. This cigar just danced on my palate with a glass of Michters.
IMG_6451.jpeg

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Reached deep in the recesses of the megador…

Came up with this 2001 Flor De A. Allones Hand Made.

First half is a spicy, sweet flavor bomb right from the get go. Notes of oak, cedar, leather, citrus, caramel, black pepper, sweetened chocolate, dark red fruit. As I get into the second half, it gets a little more peppery, sort of a Ligero kick to it.

In the last 1/3rd it gets more caramelish, white pepper, the fruity sweetness is a layer on top of the rest.

Good smoke…

E246E523-829D-40C0-B37D-EB96EFA015AC.jpeg

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Crowned Heads Mil Días "Marranitos"

1000003042.jpg
6 X 48
Ecuadorian Sumatra over Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Peru

Released in April '23, I blind-bought a 12-box in April of '24.

A year of box time plus 3 months in my humi should be enough. I smoked one last night and it was awful. With some trepidation I decided to smoke one today...

And... very, very good. Here's hoping the remaining 10 are more like today's than last night's!

Also smoked my last My Father "Promesa" Petit after dinner. Definately the best showing from the 6 I bought back in February.

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
3DeExBjl.jpg

BronzeAgePiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2023
Boone>Wilmington
Crowned Heads Mil Días "Marranitos"

View attachment 322638
6 X 48
Ecuadorian Sumatra over Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Peru

Released in April '23, I blind-bought a 12-box in April of '24.

A year of box time plus 3 months in my humi should be enough. I smoked one last night and it was awful. With some trepidation I decided to smoke one today...

And... very, very good. Here's hoping the remaining 10 are more like today's than last night's!

Also smoked my last My Father "Promesa" Petit after dinner. Definately the best showing from the 6 I bought back in February.
Well I just blind bought a box of mil dias belicosos finos le 2023 for $69, couldn’t pass it up. Hoping they’re some good ones in there, people seem to rave about them, maybe the Maduro rather idk.

PipePint&Cross

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2023
Indiana
They're decent - I got a five pack for a good price in a private sale. The blend definitely shares some tobacco with the Fuente Opus, but the ESG is much more subtle and subdued.
Ah, okay. I kind of figured it was a stick I would really need to concentrate on. I've never tried an Opus either, I have two squirreled away for a special occasion also.