PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019
They do such a great job.

That real popular one from a few years ago, the Pledge Prequel, was sort of my gateway from "guy that smokes cigars sometimes" to becoming seriously interested in this stuff
Ernesto's original La Gloria Cubana is the cigar that really turned my head way back in the '90s! It was a pyramid shaped cigar that came in a half circle box. No idea what it was, but they were spectacular.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Ernesto's original La Gloria Cubana is the cigar that really turned my head way back in the '90s! It was a pyramid shaped cigar that came in a half circle box. No idea what it was, but they were spectacular.
Interesting.

I just learned about media ruedas while reading this article, part of a series of articles, on Fuente

I wonder if they were paying homage with the "half circle box" packaging you mention

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Had a Polpetta on the way to work this morning. Feeding and watering my friends is the first priority when I arrive at work. Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust didn't show as being on sale for the 4th of July special at SP, at least not on my phone. Hope everyone had a good 4th.KIMG3285.JPGKIMG3287.JPGKIMG3263.JPG

Kilgore Trout

Part of the Furniture Now
Nov 5, 2019

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Neat.

Definitely looks like a half-wheel to me. Copy says "each one is packaged in a "half-moon" box which is inspired by the Monument to Heroes of the Restoration which overlooks all of Santiago."

I looked at pictures of this Monument but can't see the connection. Then again I'm on a phone screen...

lelik

Lifer
Aug 21, 2019
cfsDBLcl.jpg

JoeW

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
Plasencia Alma Del Fuego Panatela (6.5x38), with some Red Bush.

IMG_5286.jpeg

Great smoke production, and the aroma as good as the Campo and Claro, even the Fuerte, but flavor is a little rougher than the Campo. Feel's like it's turning darker and more bitter as it approaches the last third; not as much as the Fuerte, but more than the Campo. It’s a nice cigar for a cool summer afternoon, though.