PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
1720057573468.png

Dutch Masters Corona De Luxe, machine made but with a natural leaf wrapper and unsweetened. Light leaf with nice flavor, very happy with them, I must like them as I smoke them down until they endanger my moustache.

I haven't smoked cigars for ages. Back in the 1980's and early 90's I'd bring a box for the guys on our party circuit. Cigars were hard to find then, but affordable (right before they got popular, expensive, but easy to find). I had to order from Thompson's. Then most of us paired off, did the family thing, got older, so parties got more sensible, so I'd bring a pipe.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I think Carrillos might be amongst my fav gars to fondle. That rustic, dark oily red hued box press on the La Historia with the elaborate label is just 🤤.
They do such a great job.

That real popular one from a few years ago, the Pledge Prequel, was sort of my gateway from "guy that smokes cigars sometimes" to becoming seriously interested in this stuff

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Having an AJ Fernandez San Lotano Requiem Toro. This came in the AJ 5 Cigar Sampler, and looking at the pics online this looks like the Habano, because the Maduro ones I’m looking at say Maduro, next to Requiem on the band.

Be well everyone! 🤙 ❤️

View attachment 321715
What is the "Humidor" you have & where did you buy it if you don'r mind me asking.
Perfect for my brother-in-law.

JoeW

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
This afternoon I had an Alma Fuerte.

IMG_5270.jpeg

Overall the first third to half was pretty pleasant, but the flavor kept turning darker and more bitter as it went along. Not as much as the 149, but a little more fuerte than I usually enjoy. It’s certainly a good quality cigar, but not as much to my liking. I liked the Colorado Claro much better, and the Alma del Campo best of all.

The flavor of the Fuerte and the 149 will probably prevent me from buying another blind buy from BL Luxuries, and I might direct my cash toward the specific ones I prefer, despite the much higher cost. $50 for 7 Plasencias is a great price, but not if I don’t enjoy most of them. The Alma del Fuego lancero will be the tie breaker, I think.

Happy Independence Day! I’m thankful to live in a land with so many freedoms and opportunities, even down to such little things as tobacco!

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
What is the "Humidor" you have & where did you buy it if you don'r mind me asking.
Perfect for my brother-in-law.

I bought it on Amazon, I actually have two, these are really beefy. I took out the hydrometer and hygrometer and put instead boveda packs. The cigars have been doing great! Bloody inexpensive too... :)

WoodElric Cigar Tupperdor

Oooh I just noticed there’s a bigger one. Now I can’t comment on it, as I don’t own one of these, but might have to check it out later.

Cigarloong Cigar Humidor

Last edited: