PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
August 17th, I posted having a La Gloria Cubana Serie R No. 4 Natural.

Since then I smoked it a little the following day, and after, then it sat around in my mouth till today.

I snipped the end off, and it was getting quite crisp, but I’d suck on the end to keep it moist, and while also holding it my mouth, I was quite surprised at how nice the tobacco tasted.

It’s not an expensive cigar, around $8.

This is probably the longest I’ve hung on to a cigar, and still smoked it.

I lit it today, really slowly, took a few minutes, and I was really shocked at how amazing the flavors.

I have found with every cigar I keep for days, if I light it slow and easy, and sip on it slowly, it can still taste great. Smoking a bit fast is certainly when the taste can go bad, but then, a good cigar should be smoked slowly.

Be well everyone! 🤙 ❤️

Before snipped end…

IMG_2166.jpeg

And smoking it now while typing this… :)

IMG_2167.jpeg

P.S. After a few minutes, I got a bit of a nic hit, so that will be it for now. :)

Last edited:

JoeW

Can't Leave
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
Nice weather today, so I knocked off a little early to sit on the deck with this nice Partagas churchill

IMG_6053.jpeg

I got this one on clearance at a downstate Wild Bill’s a few months ago, on my way home from my dad’s funeral, and I’m going to have to go to the local store and check for more. I’m surprised at how good it is: nice and medium in flavor (must be, because I can’t taste mild cigars), very pleasant toasty aroma, and notes of cedar and cocoa. I’d happily buy more of these. Do any of you recognize the label? I’d like to know what line this is.

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
That Partagas Ramon y Ramon sounds interesting. I love Dominican tobacco. I might try to hunt some of those down.

Today, a 2014ish Monte no 4. Down to my last 2 from the box and I've been eyeballing them for a while. Today was the day. Clipped the cap and saw that perfect divot in the head that tells me this was rolled by a pro.
IMG_20240828_191634316.jpg

The dry hit was heavy on honey over a certain chocolate crisp a British ex-girlfriend used to buy.

The first half had notes of cinnamon wood, toast, fleeting citrus and creaminess along with an earthiness I associate with the Illusione Original Documents Corojo line.

The second half was mind-bogglingly complex. You could hunt and search and find all sorts of twists and turns in the flavor profile. Sitting back and not paying attention while I was talking to my wife was difficult as the profile kept drawing me in - I was even accused of not listening a few times, if you can imagine that. The citrus increased along with a thinly syrupy mouth feel, a bus load of creaminess, fleeting cocoa and cacao, light coffee, light cake. My wife said it smelled extra funky, and I smoke a wide variety of cigars, so I took note.

EDIT: The last third became its own animal. Chocolate-covered raisins, an old musty trunk in a clean attic, finished leather, slight pepper, the earth has switched from Illusione to Cuban twang, peanut, nougat, and marshmallow. And a decent bump of nicotine. You gentlemen may keep your Cohiba - for me, the most masterful Cuban blends have always been Montecristo and Trinidad. This was a perfect cigar. Flawless draw the whole way down - literally 100/100.

EDIT 2: The cigar is finishing wish big notes of mint and pepper. I'll take a cajón of these at Habanos SA earliest convenience.

I don't know what sales numbers are like now, but this used to be, supposedly, the best-selling cigar in the world, surpassing Macanudo, Cohiba, fake Cohibas, and the mighty Montecristo no 2. If prices and supply were not irrevocably f'ed, I'd get another box of these to age away again. Alas, I have one left sitting in a tubo for some day in the distant future. After today's cigar, that last one has legs to age for another 10 years easy.
IMG_20240828_191639949.jpg

Last edited:

'olbuzzsaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 11, 2024
Northwest Indiana
Worth the price of admission? Those aren't cheap, but sound interesting.
It's a great cigar. It is not worth the money if $27 - $30 seems like a lot for 1 cigar to the person buying it, I am one of those people at the moment. I won't seek them out again but I am glad I picked up a couple and tried them.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Nice weather today, so I knocked off a little early to sit on the deck with this nice Partagas churchill

View attachment 332878

I got this one on clearance at a downstate Wild Bill’s a few months ago, on my way home from my dad’s funeral, and I’m going to have to go to the local store and check for more. I’m surprised at how good it is: nice and medium in flavor (must be, because I can’t taste mild cigars), very pleasant toasty aroma, and notes of cedar and cocoa. I’d happily buy more of these. Do any of you recognize the label? I’d like to know what line this is.
I believe it is a Ramon y Ramon.

Sorry to hear about your Dad

*I see you already figured this out. Was wondering why it was so quiet around here. It's because my page hadn't refreshed