Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
You win Fuente Friday

How was it?

Stunning. Similar to other Opus I've had of similar age, it begins by focusing on the more leathery and floral part of the profile. In the middle, fruit notes appeared and shared the spotlight with the floral leather. These flavors began as a subtle cherry, and then became more like strawberry, which is a note I've found commonly in the Carlito God of Fire cigars as well as the Fuente Don Carlos The Man. The final third saw earth and pepper added to the lineup and strength increased noticeably. There were shots of creaminess, oak, whiskey, brandy, and brown sugar at times, but these were random surprises and not a consistent part of the experience.

The whole cigar started surprisingly mild in strength (if you've ever smoked a fresh Opus, you know they can be incredibly strong), but increased in strength gradually to end fairly stout in the nicotine department. The experience was full-flavored the whole time.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Fuente Hemingway Short Story to get on the Fuente Friday board

1000003821.jpg
Straight off the shelf. Initial flavors had me thinking this could unsent Don Carlos, but that didn't last. Nice smoke, I'll likely let the second one rest for a bit.

• Love
Reactions: Speak Easy

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
Stunning. Similar to other Opus I've had of similar age, it begins by focusing on the more leathery and floral part of the profile. In the middle, fruit notes appeared and shared the spotlight with the floral leather. These flavors began as a subtle cherry, and then became more like strawberry, which is a note I've found commonly in the Carlito God of Fire cigars as well as the Fuente Don Carlos The Man. The final third saw earth and pepper added to the lineup and strength increased noticeably. There were shots of creaminess, oak, whiskey, brandy, and brown sugar at times, but these were random surprises and not a consistent part of the experience.

The whole cigar started surprisingly mild in strength (if you've ever smoked a fresh Opus, you know they can be incredibly strong), but increased in strength gradually to end fairly stout in the nicotine department. The experience was full-flavored the whole time.
Nice review.

I might smoke one of those Pussycats I just got, just for baseline (have never smoked a fresh X)

Reactions: Speak Easy