PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

JoeW

Can't Leave
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
Not every day is a Padron day. I didn’t have lots of time this evening, so I fired up a Don Lino Dark Horse, which I received from Holt’s COTM early in the year. After 6 months in the tupperdor, the draw was still as tight as a floozy’s skirt, fairly normal for a Holt’s selection. Flavor was unremarkable, but the aroma was pleasant, and that’s primarily what I wanted for a half hour. I won’t buy them again, but I don’t regret this one.

IMG_5946.jpeg

'olbuzzsaw

Lurker
Apr 11, 2024
Northwest Indiana
Did you have any of the NHC lonsdales this blend is based on that were released around 2012 or so? If so, how did this compare? Those were awesome and I'm glad they're coming back around in this format.
Very similar! I can't remember the wrapper on the NHC but I do remember the coffee note on both the LLE and the NHC are similar. It is a rounded latte note and balanced that stays around throughout the whole cigar to the nub. I wish I ordered a box sight unseen. Hopefully they release these next year.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I am having burn issues with the box I bought. About half are touch-up city and half are decent. How was this for you?
Bummer

Mine was Davidoff perfect. Was inside lounge, then in car though. Guy said shop humi is 69-70RH if that means anything to ya

Draw was on the tighter side of acceptable. I've only smoked this 1, but have 2 more...