Aug 21, 2019
Warped La Colmena Amado No.44
CxeYOaFl.jpg

rokerdepipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2014
Ottawa, Canada
www.ericstendal.com
Enjoying some Cornell & Diehl Bayou Nights in this Savinelli Estella. The original stem had the ‘dragon’ logo on it. I sent it in to Savinelli to have them fashion a replacement stem as the previous owner had burned his drill bit inside the stem trying to open it up. I still have the stem and the drill bit….my late pipe smoking mentor rest his soul.

IMG_2831.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2830.jpeg
    IMG_2830.jpeg
    257.4 KB · Views: 0

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I spend a lot of time on a tractor and burning through $20 cigars wasn't a choice.. My local guy put me onto these.. Around $3 a pop and not a bad smoke.
View attachment 333038
So good to find an acceptable, lower priced option.

I've been liking Fuente Exquisitos, and these little Olivas. This one is Serie G. I do wish the bands would differentiate (O and G have exact same band)

1000003869.jpg

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
@pantsBoots thanks for the nice write up in the Monte #4. I’ll definitely have to keep my eyes peeled for some.

Earlier in the year I bought some Cubans at TopCubans, one I bought was a Monte #5, it’s still in my tupperdor, with all the others.

I see they had the #4 listed for $18, hmm wonder what they’ll be when back in stock. 🤔

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
@pantsBoots thanks for the nice write up in the Monte #4. I’ll definitely have to keep my eyes peeled for some.

Earlier in the year I bought some Cubans at TopCubans, one I bought was a Monte #5, it’s still in my tupperdor, with all the others.

I see they had the #4 listed for $18, hmm wonder what they’ll be when back in stock. 🤔

Fantastic cigars, but not worth their current price to me. I haven't bought a box of Cuban cigars since 2019. I was looking at resupplying in 2020, but all of a sudden, it was the Rona 'pandy and supply devolved into what it is now. Sad to think I may never buy another box of Havanas, but such is life. Better to have loved and lost and all that.

'olbuzzsaw

Might Stick Around
Apr 11, 2024
Northwest Indiana
Sad to think I may never buy another box of Havanas, but such is life. Better to have loved and lost and all that.
I have the exact same opinion. The last habanos order I placed was 2018 and it was hard to pull the trigger on those prices back then. The prices now are just unreasonable to me when the comparison is made with "new world" consistency, quality, taste, and frankly legality of acquiring in the US.