PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JoeW

Can't Leave
Apr 1, 2024
Upper Peninsula, Michigan, USA
I'm really digging Fuente lately, and for $2+ change I think these are great. They also make a Maduro Exquisito, and a Cubanito that I belive has a Cameroon wrapper and is just slightly smaller
I tried both of the exquisitos, but only once each. I enjoyed both, but since they were smaller than the curly heads, yet cost as much (at the local shop), I stuck with Curly Heads. With winter coming and work keeping me too busy for 1+ hour cigars very often, it’s time to reevaluate.

I bought a tin of cubanitos in January, but the draw has been way too tight on all I’ve tried. Last week I read an article at Holt’s blog, which said that the cubanitos will absorb a lot of humidity if you put them in a humidor… which is what I had done. I’m drying out a few now to see if that helps. I hope so: I like the size, and I like the Gran Reserva line in general.

BenMN

Lifer
Jun 21, 2023
St. Paul, MN
For Fuente Friday, I’m having a Flor Fina 8-5-8 natural

View attachment 333375

One year ago, the Friday before Labor Day, my employer laid off around 225 people, of which I was one. Not a fun time, especially with the current job market.

This year I’ll still be employed on Labor Day weekend, and I’ll smoke some good cigars to celebrate.
By the way, thanks for sharing your story. It actually helped me to put a better perspective on my own weekend.

I hope yours is enjoyable!!

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
The last Picadores from a '14 or '15 box. I got it during a random holiday sale around then for less than $150. Times have changed.

Honestly, I've never liked this vitola, although Por Larrañaga is perhaps my favorite Cuban brand. When it was released, I had hoped it was a resurrection of the Regional Edition robusto. Instead, it was sort of a hybrid of the regular PL blend mixed with the H Upmamm Connoisseur no 1 with its elements of almond toast, musty bookstores, and coffee. Not bad, but not what I like about PL.

Additionally, all of the cigars were bunched a little loosely - as I smoked through the box, I often thought this cigar was missing a leaf. The ash was flakey and with the lax bunching, the draw was far too open for a Havana.
IMG_20240831_092751296.jpg