PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Condor. Missed it when it came out two years ago, and Bill Hurt is a favorite actor. Plus it deals in spying, espionage, murder, mayhem and a lethal virus! What more could you ask for? -OH, yeah, it's in 4K, that's what's more.

5/5.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Making my way through the first season of HBO's Deadwood. I shouldn't have waited so long to watch this one.

Deadwood is awesome.

I just watched The Lighthouse...and whoa, man. Kookookajoob crazy. I’m still figuring things out, but I’d feel safe calling that one a masterpiece. And it ended with one of my favorite Sea Shanties. You love me lobster, don’t ye?

Reactions: Bowie and jpmcwjr

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The Long Good Friday. I own it digitally but when I went to find the trailer on YouTube I found some kind soul has uploaded the entire movie (link below). It's a cult classic British gangster film from 1979 starring the late great Bob Hoskins, a young Pierce Brosnan before he started taking his vesper martini 'shaken not stirred," and the ever lovely Dame Helen Mirren.

If you liked Lock, Stock And Two Smoking Barrels you'll probably like this. A definite 5/5

I enjoyed that one!

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Sticking with Westworld Season 3, but its a little tedious. It was a fun and had a unique story line, now it's become just another sci-fi show. Two more episodes for this season, guess I'll stick it out

Also now watching the new season of Ozark, great so far.

Reactions: whsergent

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Currently, “The Last of the Mohicans.” A great movie, based on a great book.

I remember when I was a kid, when the film was released on VHS blockbuster had them for sale at $99 and they were gone instantly.

Reactions: Bowie

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
watched the worst horror movie I've ever seen. Possession. Basically it looked like they took acting students and told them to act psycho with no context and then used that for the stars to follow. Seriously it's the kind of movie that makes you think about how much time and resources got wasted in making in when someone could have done something more productive with their time like picking their nose. In other words it was awesome and mind bending. Though seriously it is the kind of movie that should make all your failures sting a little less cause they're not as grand as that movies mess.

thefishguy

Can't Leave
Jan 17, 2017
Watched Carnival Row, it was okay. Just finished Tales from the loop. That was awesome. Great sci-fi.

Slacey

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 13, 2020
Telford, UK
www.youtube.com
Making my way through the first season of HBO's Deadwood. I shouldn't have waited so long to watch this one.
Also started on this last week, never quite sure why I didn't catch it before. Also re watched all of Life On Mars with the wife and we've started re-watching the sequel series Ashes to Ashes - both great are a great watch and fun to spot the 70's / 80's references and things you remember from your youth (if you're old enough!).

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I enjoyed Life on Mars and was sad when they pulled the plug.

Also started on this last week, never quite sure why I didn't catch it before. Also re watched all of Life On Mars with the wife and we've started re-watching the sequel series Ashes to Ashes - both great are a great watch and fun to spot the 70's / 80's references and things you remember from your youth (if you're old enough!).

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched John Carpenter's 1976 classic Assault On Precinct 13. I've seen it a good few times before but it's one of those movies that never gets old.

For those that haven't seen it, it's about a police station in a gang infested neighbourhood that is shutting down the next day so only has a skeleton staff. The gang members attack which means the police and two prisoners have to work together to survive.
A great movie and a definite 5/5.

Carpenter was on some roll for about a decade. Assault On Precinct 13, The Fog, Halloween, Escape From New York, Big Trouble In Little China and They Live.
Amazing director?.

Status
Not open for further replies.