PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"That's an awesome series that I to recently re-watched. It's a shame you've already bought the dvds Jay as it's on UK Netflix which as well as having the follow up movie El Camino & the spin off series Better Call Saul also has a lot of other great tv shows and documentaries."

Cheers Smudger but A I have no Netflix and B the second set cost me less than £5.

Regards,

Jay.

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
I don't think anyone's mentioned Locke yet. It's on US Netflix, starring Tom Hardy. The entire movie is him driving in his car to a woman with whom he had an affair and who was in labor with his child. He's on the speaker phone the whole time and the audience gets to listen to his conversations with his wife, son, co-worker, boss, etc., and watch his whole world fall apart. A tour de force and a 5 for me.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
That's a classic series, I especially like Gob 'I've made a terrible mistake' Bluth with his Segway and of course George Sr.

"I've made a huge mistake." hahaha. Yeah, it's one of those shows where I can't imagine anyone else playing any of the totally unique and hilarious characters. I mean Gob, Tobias, George Sr., Lucille, George Michael, and of course Buster. The list goes on. Such a great show.

Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

Franco

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 7, 2019
Lower Terrebonne
Anything on Curiosity Stream is a must watch! The, "Real War Of Thrones" is awesome TV. Lots of great shows on everything from nature to food.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thank you. It's subscription, and I have already quite enough! And among the History Channel, Science Channel, Smithsonian, PBS, Audience, etc., I bet a lot of that content is available.

Jun 9, 2018
England
In The line of Duty: The FBI Murders free on YouTube.
It's a true story about the 1986 shootout between The FBI and a pair of ruthless bank robbers where many of the Feds were shot and sadly 2 were killed ☹. David Soul plays one of the psycho robbers/murderers. It was quite good and I'd give it a 3.5/5.
I only found the film because I was watching a movie based on the other famous shootout, the North Hollywood one from 1997 where the police were SEVERELY outgunned. It stars Michael Madsen and Mario Van Peebles. I didn't like this as much though and give it a 2/5. Hopfully one day someone makes a good movie about it although the shootout scene from Heat wasn't far off what actually happened. I saw a documentary about the incident a few years back and they said when the police searched one of the robbers flats they actually found a copy of Heat in his VCR, he was probably using it for inspiration or something.
Links for both below:

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Status
Not open for further replies.