PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Word of warning about Ms. Anderson. A few years back, I saw one of her old movies where she had a nude scene. Nice but, a bit disconcerting.

I'd never seen nipples that look like churchwardens before.

• Wow
Reactions: rushx9
Jun 9, 2018
England
Recently watched 2 episodes from Mike Tyson's podcast, one with Tyson Fury & another with Piers Morgan. It's a laidback atmosphere with some great banter and interesting conversation. Mike seems so chilled now and in a much better headspace compared to back in the day.
Both a 5/5

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
Finally got around to watching "The Crown". I seem to be suspicious of most things popular so, this one took awhile to get around to.

I enjoyed this. The sets and photography are top-notch. As far as casting, when Helena Bonham Carter is the weakest spot in the lineup, you know you're in for a treat (Mr. Torrens should be a national treasure). Above all, the script is intelligent and (although the poetic license is plentiful) it holds all things together thru-out.

Besides, it has the most striking collection of Rolls-Royce's I've ever seen.

I can see why it's been so well-received.

4.5/5

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
"The Other Guys". One of the 38 or so Ferrell/Wahlberg collaborations.

The wife picked this one. She likes Wahlberg. Ferrell, personally, is about as funny as an enema and I usually avoid his "skit" movies.

I did like this one, however, mainly because Ferrell had no hand in writing it. That means lesser characters can flesh out and sight gags are there, as well, if you pay attention. Samuel Jackson and The Rock are funny as hell in the first few minutes and Michael Keaton, Steve Coogan and Eva Mendes steal the rest of he show.

I even laughed at Ferrell twice. Or, maybe, once.

3/5 for trying.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
Seeing as it's the 25th anniversary (boy that makes me feel old) of its UK release I decided to watch Leon The Professional again.
Luc Besson directs and Jean Reno, Gary Oldman and Natalie Portman play the main characters.
The films about a hitman (Reno) who takes in a young girl (Portman in her first movie) when her family are murdered by a corrupt, psychotic DEA agent (played by Oldman).
It's an awesome film that was just as good as I remembered it (I saw it back in 95 when it first came out). Everyone is great in it but Gary Oldman is outstanding as the unhinged leader of the corrupt DEA agents.
A definite 5*
Here's a clip from the beginning of the movie where Oldman and his men pay a visit to a guy and his family who stole some of the drugs they were minding.
He likes Beethoven apparently ?.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
jpmcwjr...Justin Theroux seems to have changed a bit, as well.

Or, maybe, he just changed bits...hard to tell these days.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
We've been enjoying "The Windsors", in contrast to the fictional "The Crown".
A friend of the queen, Lady Butter, pops occasionally for an anecdote. When she does, I yell "Lady But-tah" in my worst fake British accent. Cracks me up, but my wife is less amused.

Reactions: dcon and Bowie

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
bought the dark Shadows complete collection so I'll be watching that one for years. Seriously one of my favorites and pro-tip don't start with the Barbabus Collins episodes start from the start. It's a real gem of a show. Every thing but production values are amazing. Seriously lots of shots of the crew but it still captivates and has some of the best dialog and webs of intrigue. Never 100 percent sure of the truth or of peoples motivations. Also Burke Devlin is awesome.

Reactions: dcon and rushx9

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
Watched Dark Waters, environmental movie that everyone should see. Shows how DuPont single handily rearranged the gene pool in every human being, damn good story, pisses you off watching it, can’t stand that liberal? Ruffulo but the story is great. 5/5

Reactions: Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.