PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
Hopefully it is not crap, because Malkovich is great. We rewatch Red and Red2 just for our fix;)
Malkovich really is great. To @cosmicfolklore 's poin't, it probably is blasphemous, but it's good drama. It takes over where the Young Pope leaves off, which primarily starred Jude Law, who continues with his role as the Pope who is now medically unable to fulfill his papal duties.

[QUOTE="smudgersmissingleg] Yes that's a great movie about The Krays with some brilliant acting from Tom Hardy.
The Kray Twins were big time villains from the East end of London and are quite famous/infamous over here.
There's another film about them called (not very creatively) The Krays starring real life brothers Martin & Gary Kemp from 1980's music group Spandau Ballet. It's not that great a movie though, maybe a 2/5. I'd definitely recommend watching Ledgend though.[/QUOTE]

I've started "The Krays." Found it on Dailymotion, and you're right, not nearly as good as Legend. I also watched The Krays and the Geordie Connection documentary. Also not awesome, but it did kind of complete the story of the latter part of the twins' story. I had to Google "Geordie." I like finding out about slang and nuances with different dialects...fun stuff. According to Wikipedia, Bryan Ferry is a Geordie.
I'm going to see if I can find Rollercoaster streaming anywhere...for the Sparks reference alone, it sounds worth a watch.

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
If you have HBO, check out the new documentary called McMillions. It‘s about the FBI investigation of fraud and organized crime that compromised the McDonalds Monopoly game in the 1990s and early 2000s. The first two episodes are out and are quite entertaining.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Two-minute Warning
I watched it free on YouTube (link below), it's a thriller about a sniper who's going to open fire on the crowd at The Superbowl.
It stars Charlton Heston, the great John Cassavetes, Quincy/Jack klugman, the guy who chased that one arm man around for years David Janssen and a young Beau Bridges.
Heston plays the police chief and Cassavetes the boss of the SWAT team. Although far from a classic I liked it and would give it a solid 3/5. It's worth a look if you're bored and there's sod all on the telly.

Reactions: scloyd

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Currently watching the Bruins beat the Red Wings.
You could replace Bruins with literally any team and it would likely be applicable. The wings have gone from perennial dynasty to ass gargling dook shit. Letting Babcock go was a huge mistake. Hope Yzerman can turn it around, for the sake of history.

Reactions: Bowie

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Earlier today I watched "The Secret Of Santa Vittoria" (1969) starring Anthony Quinn.
I'll rate it 3/5 - worth watching.

1582072313039.png

During WWII in Italy, a wine producing village hide a million bottles from the Germans.

Reactions: whsergent and Bowie

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Thanks to those who put ratings in. Makes it much more valuable to some of us.

Watching Good Behavior. Michelle Dockery, yes! 4/5.

Series from 2016, TNT On Demand.

Reactions: scloyd

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Thanks to those who put ratings in. Makes it much more valuable to some of us.

Watching Good Behavior. Michelle Dockery, yes! 4/5.

Series from 2016, TNT On Demand.
Just binge watched Good Behavior recently. I'll watch anything with Michelle Dockery.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just started my second binge viewing of 'Breaking Bad'. I'd forgotten how much humour there was in it.

I couldn't find the disc set I bought in 2018 so had to buy another set last week :oops:

Regards,

Jay.
That's an awesome series that I to recently re-watched. It's a shame you've already bought the dvds Jay as it's on UK Netflix which as well as having the follow up movie El Camino & the spin off series Better Call Saul also has a lot of other great tv shows and documentaries.

Reactions: jpmcwjr
Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched Joker again (I purchased the digital download) and can't recommend it enough.
It was definitely my favourite film of last year and Joaquin Phoenix performance was AMAZING!
Even if you don't like comic book movies this film is a must, there's no Batman or special effects or anything like that. It's a much darker more adult movie and the issues it explores are interesting.
A 5* movie as far as I'm concerned.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
That's an awesome series that I to recently re-watched. It's a shame you've already bought the dvds Jay as it's on UK Netflix which as well as having the follow up movie El Camino & the spin off series Better Call Saul also has a lot of other great tv shows and documentaries.
Almost wish you hadn't said that, and, I've just checked, it's also on Netflix USA. So, have to decide if I can devote over 50 hours to this incredible series. Probably will.

Breaking Bad: 5/5.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Almost wish you hadn't said that, and, I've just checked, it's also on Netflix USA. So, have to decide if I can devote over 50 hours to this incredible series. Probably will.

Breaking Bad: 5/5.
Yeah you won't regret it I'm sure. There's a lot of other amazing stuff on there as well, especially their own series that are exclusive to them. Mindhunter and Narcos are the first 2 I'd watch as they're both very good and easily 5/5 in my book.

Reactions: whsergent
Status
Not open for further replies.