PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
jmpcwjr…

Ditto on the British series "The Stranger" on Netflix, definitely one of the better ones.

And recommended here, as well.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I posted a link to the wrong documentary earlier (I've watched a few different ones on Led Zeppelin, Peter Grant and John Bonham etc. in the last week or so). Anyway here's the correct one.

Jun 9, 2018
England
This thread might be very useful over the coming weeks & months as people have to self-isolate and work from home etc. and are maybe looking for something to watch on the telly.
Anyway a good series I saw recently on Netflix is Manhunt: Unabomber.
It's a drama series based on the FBI's decades long hunt to catch Ted Kaczynski, the Unabomber.
It's very well done and I really enjoyed it.
A 5/5 from me.

Trailer:

Reactions: Bowie

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
We are in the middle of "The Irishman" with Robert DeNiro and Al Pachino, with DeNiro as the Irishman, so clearly not type cast. We stopped to watch some news show, but we'll finish it tonight. I hope these mob movies don't tip the crazies off their meds. It's like an ad for knocking off random people. But the acting is good, and the mob is always fascinating ... in its way. Someone became conscience stricken and kept adding subtitles over various mob figures telling about the awful ways they were done in, like nail bombs under their front porch, etc. But I doubt the crazies read those, if they can read. My favorite part is the 1950's Packard. The movie runs three hours, so can get a little off-putting after the thirty fifth hit.

Jun 9, 2018
England
We are in the middle of "The Irishman" with Robert DeNiro and Al Pachino, with DeNiro as the Irishman, so clearly not type cast. We stopped to watch some news show, but we'll finish it tonight. I hope these mob movies don't tip the crazies off their meds. It's like an ad for knocking off random people. But the acting is good, and the mob is always fascinating ... in its way. Someone became conscience stricken and kept adding subtitles over various mob figures telling about the awful ways they were done in, like nail bombs under their front porch, etc. But I doubt the crazies read those, if they can read. My favorite part is the 1950's Packard. The movie runs three hours, so can get a little off-putting after the thirty fifth hit.
Loved The Irishman?, but you're right it is very, very loooong. That's the great thing about watching it at home on Netflix rather than at the cinema though, you can break it down into 2 sittings or whatever.

Jun 9, 2018
England
Just watched Bill Burr's comedy special You People Are All The Same on Netflix.
Bill's my favourite comedian and this special is him in his prime, the guys hilarious.
Here's a clip of his famous 'No reason to hit a woman' bit. According to Bill their are plenty of reasons?.

Reactions: whsergent and Bowie

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
Just watched Bill Burr's comedy special You People Are All The Same on Netflix.
Bill's my favourite comedian and this special is him in his prime, the guys hilarious.
Here's a clip of his famous 'No reason to hit a woman' bit. According to Bill their are plenty of reasons?.

Dang it man, now I'm watching Burr videos instead of productive stuff!

• Haha
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

Moonbog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
JoJo Rabbit was really good and off the wall, it had a modern day Mel Brooks sensibility. 1917 was great too. Overall it was a good set of Oscar nominated movies this year. The Boys on Amazon Prime was really good. For all you old trekkies, Star Trek Picard has been much better than Discovery. For those who like historical fiction. The Last Kingdom on Netflix and Outlander on Starz continues its impressive run. I finally binge watched all of Brooklyn 99 and am caught up, always funny. Midway through season 2 of This is Us, an outstanding drama, but really funny at times. I'll check this thread again if something else comes to mind and to see what you guys are watching too.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
I hardly ever watch the news but my tv is glued to CNN. There is just too much going around the world to ignore it. I have 4 kids out in the world and I need to know everything I can so I can relate it to them if I have to.

Reactions: dcon

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
"Two Conchs" over on the Sportsman's Channel. Three young nubile ladies in bikinis, thongs and cut-offs on a boat in the south Atlantic.

It looks like they"re saltwater fishing but, it's kinda hard to tell from all the hills and valleys.

Jun 9, 2018
England
I was going through my PVR doing a bit of pruning to free up space when I came upon The Magnificent Seven.
I'm guessing I don't have to explain the storyline as you've all seen it. You have haven't you? You bloody better have!

Well for anyone who hasn't it stars (among others) Steve McQueen, James Coburn, Yul Brynner and Charie Bronson. They play gunslingers hired by some poor villagers to protect them from a group of bandits who are always riding in and taking their stuff. It was directed by John Sturges and Elmer Bernstein did the iconic score.

A stone cold classic if ever there was one and a definite 5/5

Status
Not open for further replies.