Status
Not open for further replies.

isaac

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 18, 2012
Portland, OR
A Christmas Story Christmas - HBO
4.5/5

I would say a “true” sequel to the beloved original. Quite a fun movie with all the kids reprising their rolls.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've been watching Hope Street on Britbox. Set in a coastal village in Ireland, it's part police procedural and part soap opera. I like the characters and enjoy the banter, not to mention those lilting Irish voices.

4.5 out of 5

Just a reminder, please mention the streaming service or cable channel your show is on so we can more easily find it.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Watching on HBO Max: The Murdochs, a very interesting documentary on the family and now watching Harley Quinn. Even though I work on it, I haven't watched more than a few episodes so it's time to catch up.
Rarely do I look at the show on which I've worked. But as it's a couple of years, I'm not obsessing on something that I wish were better or different, I can just enjoy it.

Season 1 is looking pretty good. I can understand why it was such a hit.

monty55

Lifer
Apr 16, 2014
Bryan, Texas
I just finished "Andor" season 1 Star Wars series. Outstanding! 5+ out of 5
The latest series based on the Star Wars on Disney+.
I'm very impressed with how Disney has taken these series to another level. Great stories with depth of character and fine story telling. Highly recommend for any Star Wars or sci-fi fans.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Just finished Season 2 of "Gangs of London". Great season, but the finale was a little bit of a let down. Easily the most violet tv show I've ever watched, with some pretty evil characters. They left the room open for a Season 3. (4.5/5)

swb118

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 20, 2016
The English. On Amazon. Period revenge story, excellent cast, story is interesting. Solid 4 out of 5 stars.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

GatorElGato

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
Ohio
instagram.com
Started watching Columbo, currently streaming on Peacock or Tubi for free w/ads. Late to the game for sure, but it was on before I was born. Finished watching ER and needed a "new" show to watch. Loving it so far, easy to see why this show is so acclaimed. Binged two seasons this week. 5/5

We are on the last episode of Wednesday on Netflix. I am impressed! Burton took the Addams Family out of the family friendly category and made it more interesting. And, what a great line up of actors!! Great story, not too much horror, but it has just enough psycho-babble to really bring this family into the 21st century. It is rare for me to give a 5/5 for a series with no sex or nudity, but I am excited about another season.

And, for the record I really loved the original series, but all of the other Addams Family movies sucked in my opinion. So, if you liked that swill they turned the series into when they started making terrible movies, then you may not like this.
1670595800670.png

Reactions: keith929

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Now watching Easy Living a 1937 screwball comedy starring Jean Arthur, Edward Arnold and Ray Milland, written by Preston Sturges amd directed by Mitchell Leisen. For fans of Golden Hollywood this is a powerhouse line up and the film delivers.

Easy Living is one of a selection of screwball comedies curated for Criterion Channel's December collections and it is quite the box of bon bons. Besides well known screwball comedies, such as It Happened One Night and My Man Godfrey the screwball comedy collection contains lesser known and forgotten gems like Me and My Gal, Easy Living, and others.

Presented in expertly done restorations, and gloriously luminous B&W, Criterion Channel's Screwball Comedy Collection is the perfect antidote to toxic times.

11 out of 5

Reactions: GatorElGato
Status
Not open for further replies.