PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

GatorElGato

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 29, 2021
Ohio
instagram.com
On a Tubi kick recently, watched "Article 99" with Kiefer Sutherland and Ray Liota. Along with many more stars. A small movie about the VA. Starts out great and ends with a whimper. 3.5/5, I would recommend, it helps that it's streaming for free.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
They get better? After the rats jumped out of that guys mouth my wife passed a royal ban, ha ha.

The Pinocchio movie was awesome though. It’s a darker take on the story, and the music is very good. 5/5.
We'll check it out.

Yes, episodes 3-5 are very good, 6 is ok, 7 it's a bit of a dud story but very interestingly made, and will watch 8 tonight.

Reactions: cosmicfolklore

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Magic at Celtics. I am a huge NBA fan. I have the NBA package and I will watch just about any NBA game, especially if I have a bet on it.

I'm not a loyal fan to one team. I like to watch Milwaukee, Brooklyn, Boston, New Orleans, Memphis, Golden State, Utah and Dallas.

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
The Flight Attendant. I liked the first season (3-5), but struggled through the 1st episode of the second season, and couldn’t make it through the 2nd episode… (1-5).

View attachment 146678
I really like this limited series, both seasons. It got pretty twisted at the end of the second. I would give it 4/5 overall. It was great, but I'll reserve my 5/5 for the truly good stuff.
amazing shit

Reactions: kcghost

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
I thought the series Westworld was very good. Good acting, lots of plot changes and I do enjoy a good western/sci fi genre. 4/5 for me.
I agree, this was a very good series. Have to say I enjoyed season 1 the best. Season 2 was ok, but it was good overall. Solid 4/5.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
This is very short but my daughter made us watch it a half dozen times in a row so I guess that makes up for it.

If, like me, you're a fan of both the Simpsons and Andrea Bocelli this is a 5/5.

1000003519.jpg

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
I recently saw Top Gun Maverick. Not always a big fan of sequels, but after a 36 yr hiatus, I think they did a great job. If you liked the first one, then you’ll surely like this edition. 5/5 ??

View attachment 147940
I'm a huge fan of the original Top Gun, been watching it repeatedly since I was 6yo. As an adult having watched all of the "making of"s I have a much deeper appreciation for what they were trying to make, a rock and roll movie. This Maverick sequel has Tom Cruise and Navy jets (even a Tomcat), but it is a terrible flick. Mavericks character back slid in life since the first film, but also somehow is a test pilot for some super secret program? That being said, the opening scene up to the point of him walking into the dinner is the best of the movie. Could turn it off after that and be satisfied. All the other characters just lamely mimic the original, the call signs are just dumb, and where the hell is the soundtrack? The middle of the film could be cut down by to 1/3 so it did feel repetitive. I would give the original 5/5 because I watch it at least once a year and listen to the soundtrack often. 'Maverick' for me is 2/5. Would be ok forgetting it exists.

Val

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 18, 2019
The run up to the EMMYs has begun, so yours truly is getting slammed with programming to watch. Right now I'm watching the Apple+ production of Issac Azimov's Foundation. Initially I didn't care much for it, as the storytelling seemed a little cold, But that's in keeping with the books.

The production values are truly outstanding and it's been growing on me with each passing episode.

5 out of 5
Love foundation, can’t wait for season 2!

Reactions: sablebrush52

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I'm a huge fan of the original Top Gun, been watching it repeatedly since I was 6yo. As an adult having watched all of the "making of"s I have a much deeper appreciation for what they were trying to make, a rock and roll movie. This Maverick sequel has Tom Cruise and Navy jets (even a Tomcat), but it is a terrible flick. Mavericks character back slid in life since the first film, but also somehow is a test pilot for some super secret program? That being said, the opening scene up to the point of him walking into the dinner is the best of the movie. Could turn it off after that and be satisfied. All the other characters just lamely mimic the original, the call signs are just dumb, and where the hell is the soundtrack? The middle of the film could be cut down by to 1/3 so it did feel repetitive. I would give the original 5/5 because I watch it at least once a year and listen to the soundtrack often. 'Maverick' for me is 2/5. Would be ok forgetting it exists.
AE374EEE-9940-40F3-A31A-A544A62D4780.gif

Zeno Marx

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2022
The new "season" of Craft in America aired last night on PBS. It's been in my top 5 series on TV since it started in 2007, but I find art, and more so: the process, to be fascinating. I'm not an artist myself. I'm not all that creative in any way, really. If I had a wish, it wouldn't be to be rich, to have this or that, or to go to the moon. I'm not an envious person, but I do envy artists and creativity. There are a couple other things too, but they're for another conversation. 5/5. Sit down with your kids and expand their perspective.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I managed to get through House of The Dragon so I can forget vote for it for this year's EMMY with a clean conscience. Still traipsing through HBO MAX and decided to rewatch an old favorite, ROME. It's held up reasonably well, and I like the cast. I'm not as taken with it as I was when I first watched it, a bit too much Roman soap opera in it, but they they really went all out recreating the ancient city on a six acre set.

It's not going to change your life, but it's diverting.

3.5 out of 5

Status
Not open for further replies.