Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
It's also appreciated when you can cite the streamer who's offering what you write about. But above all:

Ratings, gentlemen, ratings!

autumnfog

Lifer
Jul 22, 2018
Sweden
The Beekeper. 2.2/5

Beautiful intro.
Liked some scenes and the thematic was interesting: taking revenge on IT-scammers preying on old people.
But, the action scenes were exaggerated, even for an action. Too stylized. The dialogue abrupt and clichéd.
The hit woman in pink firing a machine gun in high heeled boots made a cartoonish sequence.

Last edited:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
The Beekeper. 2.2/5

Beautiful intro.
Liked some scenes and the thematic was interesting: taking revenge on IT-scammers preying on old people.
But, the action scenes were exaggerated, even for an action. Too stylized. The dialogue abrupt and clichéd.
The hit woman in pink firing a machine gun in high heeled boots made a cartoonish sequence.
Well said.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Alien Code (2018) on Amazon Prime

A man is recruited by the government to decipher an "alien code" embedded in a recovered satellite. Is it aliens? Is it time travel? Is it a hallucination? Is it a government conspiracy? You'll have to watch to find out. Personally, I thought it was brilliant. Great acting too. If you're into SciFi, it's definitely worth a watch. (5/5*)

Helluva an opening: Guy goes home and finds a dead exact copy of himself.
Some Sci-Fi I love, most of it I can't stand.

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
Heres my Halo Season 1 review. LOL.
Heres my Halo Season 2 review so far. LOL.

Its so bad I love it, keep the memes rolling in.
As bad as the show is, got to give props to Danny Sapani playing Admiral Keyes for this, "Anyone got a light?"
keyswiththepipe.JPG

Ill bump my rating for the show up from LOL to a 4/10. You can watch on Paramount+

Reactions: jpmcwjr and RonB

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I never watch movies more than once, but this series from the 90's was a favorite of mine. I was a devoted fan back then, and still love it. I started watching the series all over again last night. It never fails to intrigue me.
View attachment 292298
Same, though I am watching just a few eps from S1. (Prime)

Also with Fargo, the series. (Watched the movie several times—now on Cinemax.)
So much happens in S1 E1 it's amazing, Well before Lester Nygaard gets going with his kidnapped wife/extort the father in law scheme.

Last edited:
Same, though I am watching just a few eps from S1.

Also with Fargo, the series. (Watched the movie several times.)
So much happens in S1 E1 it's amazing, Well before Lester Nygaard gets going with his kidnapped wife/extort the father in law scheme.
I keep forgetting to watch Fargo the series. I make a mental note to put it on our watchlist, but my brain is like a sieve for somethings, just sloshing out of there as I make my way home, ha ha.

Reactions: jpmcwjr