PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Flemish, not even Dutch :) Great series, the Ferry ones we liked even more than the "main" ones.

Does Netflix US not allow watching something in its original language? I can't stand dubbed stuff (not native English speaker but close enough).
Netflix has a lot of content i its original language with subtitles. You just have to select the option that you want.

Jun 9, 2018
England
The original UK version of The Office on DVD. I've watched it start to finish a number of times over the years and it never gets old. Right up there with Fawlty Towers, in my book.

5/5

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Painkiller Netflix Series. 3/5. Part of the story of the Sackler family pushing Oxycontin. Short on figures, long on drama. Best feature is Mathew Broderick playing the lead male role of Richard Sackler.

Last edited:
Reactions: smudgersmissingleg

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Such language. I'm shocked, I tell you, Shocked!

I like the way Brits use that word, as there are as many men cunts as women. So a non-sexist insult that started off as something quite different.

• Haha
Reactions: VDL_Piper

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
The Fall—[2017]. Prime, series, 3 seasons, 5/5 on first two years.
Worth it just for Gillian Anderson. But it has merits as a multi-layered mystery. So intense my lady and I will watch something else for a few days!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I Love Lucy, Season 4. Wifey and I are making our way through the whole series, courtesy of the local library. Great to revisit this classic I first saw at six years old at my grandparents' apartment in 1991. Came on at 6pm, right after Three's Company. Pure nostalgia!

Starting to slip a little bit this season, although Fred's zingers are keeping us well entertained. 3.5/5

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Fargo, [FX] S5, Eps 1&2. 5/5
Wow, it's back with a vengeance! First two eps make up for all of S4.... Lead lady, Juno Temple, a Brit, is convincing. [She was really annoying to me in Ted Lasso- all of which got annoying,]

So good to hear the N Dakota/Minnesota accent, even if overdone a bit.