PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Watching Black Sails on Hulu. Wish there was more swashbuckling on the ship and less time on land, but boobs in every episode so far makes up for a small par of it. The time lines are unrealistic, but understand that TV would be boring that way. So far 3/5 for being entertaining enough.
It gets weirder. It's only sort of a pirate series.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and mbmoehl

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I just discovered "Still Game" on Netflix. It's an older series (2001-2007), set in Glasgow, Scotland.
It's about the daily lives of a couple old pensioners, daily visits to the pub, etc........ I find it hilarious and well written. 5/5

Reactions: jpmcwjr and scloyd

gubbyduffer

Can't Leave
May 25, 2021
Peebles, Scottish Borders
I just discovered "Still Game" on Netflix. It's an older series (2001-2007), set in Glasgow, Scotland.
It's about the daily lives of a couple old pensioners, daily visits to the pub, etc........ I find it hilarious and well written. 5/5
I love Still Game, but I always wondered how well the Scottish vernacular and humour travels outside of Scotland, especially across the pond.

Arthur Frayn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2023
Sonoma county, Calif.
Also, Im going through each season of Columbo. A little slice of Hollywood from the early 1970's. Those shows hold up pretty well. Of course, some episodes are better than others. Most are on the campy side; but they are fun to watch. I particularly enjoyed the one in which Leonard Nimoy was an evil heart surgeon.

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
p0dpgm9c.jpg

I thought this was fascinating. However one answers THE question that’s posed here, it’s not an easy problem to solve in terms of her case.
images

I also watched half of Smokey and the Bandit purely because it showed up free on Prime Video and I couldn’t resist. Nostalgia will lead one to dreadful places. Jackie Gleason is all in on this one.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
Pretty much been watching only one thing the past couple of weeks and that has been my beloved Hawkeyes scrapping their way through the NCAAs -- huge Final Four win last night. No idea what will happen tomorrow but if you've missed the last couple of performances of Caitlin Clark the last two games, you've missed the best all around basketball player in America these days! A 41 one point record triple double in the quarters, and a 41 point record night last night to take down South Carolina! Go Hawks! B8823C19-F658-4622-9519-CF720C3DC7A9.jpeg

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Been working on the move, packing up the studio. For relief I've been watching a new series of Harold Lloyd comedies on the Criterion Channel. Brilliantly funny stories matched with Lloyd's effortless athleticism.

5 out of 5, easy

Reactions: jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Slow Horses: Apple TV. I've been waiting for "the right moment" to watch S 2. That could be today,
S-1, 5/5.

About to watch the finals of the Miami Open Tennis, Medvedev vs. Sinner. Yesterday's match of Sinner vs. Alcaraz was a 5/5.

Reactions: sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Slow Horses: Apple TV. I've been waiting for "the right moment" to watch S 2. That could be today,
S-1, 5/5.

About to watch the finals of the Miami Open Tennis, Medvedev vs. Sinner. Yesterday's match of Sinner vs. Alcaraz was a 5/5.
Ahh, Apple TV. Don't have a subscription to that streaming service, but it's the beginning of EMMY season, so maybe I'll get free access and get to watch it.

Status
Not open for further replies.