PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I’m laid up with a case of sciatica, and watching stuff, Mrs. cosmic wouldn’t be interested in…
View attachment 204856
Nick Cage plays a dirty mountain man who falls in love with a pig, eats a bunch of mushrooms, and druggies beat him up and steal his pig. The rest of the movie is about getting his pig back as we learn that the mountain man was a chef wizard that gets beat up to find a pig that was already dead. Netflix, 3/5 not enough sex scenes. puffy
That only has me thinking of “Deliverance”!

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Have been binge watching the new “Perry Mason” reboot on HBO Max.
This is the origin story, set in the beautifully recreated noir world of Los Angeles circa 1932.
This ain’t your daddy’s Perry Mason, the character is richly layered.
Beautifully produced on all levels, I highly recommend watching it.

5+ out of 5
I actually like the old black and white Perry Mason's.

I'm going to have to watch the new HBO MAX Perry Mason's.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Reactions: Deano and jpmcwjr

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
I actually like the old black and white Perry Mason's.

I'm going to have to watch the new HBO MAX Perry Mason's.

Thanks for the recommendation.
Duh! We just turned on the new Perry Mason and realized we watched it last year. It was good.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

STP

Lifer
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
I've viewed Episodes 1-4 of The Last of Us on HBO.
View attachment 201358
The show is a post-apocalyptic sci-fi drama centered on a world which has collapsed following a fungal infection. Based on the real world cordyceps fungi, the story develops the idea of a mutation which allows the fungus to make the jump from insects to humans via the food supply, creating zombified people. The usual zombie action ensues. The 1st episode begins with the outbreak, makes a time jump, and picks up 20 years later where the main character is tasked with smuggling an immune girl across country.

There was a lot of conversation about some stuff in the third episode, but I think the show is pretty good thus far. Visuals and special effects are great. Story is good. Writing is good. I'm actually looking forward to the next couple episodes, which rarely happens for me. If you're into Sci-Fi or Post-Apocalyptic themes, then you'll probably enjoy the show. 5/5*

Good show! 5/5

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Your Honor- Showtime. It’s a drama series starring Bryan Cranston, who plays a judge whose teenage son is involved in hit-and-run with the son of a mob kingpin. Second season is streaming now. 5/5

View attachment 206178
This looks good but I just can’t afford to get every streaming service. Showtime has been offering a lot of good stuff as of late though so I may have to try it out.

Reactions: Deano

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Watching Silent Witness on Britbox, the adventures of a team of forensic pathologists. It's pretty solid, dealing with a lot of social issues that surround each case. They must be going something right since it's on its 26th season.

Reactions: scloyd

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
On Netflix

Mr. Harrigan's Phone based on a Stephen King short story. 4/5

We Have A Ghost. A family purchases a house that comes with a ghost. The ghost is played by the sheriff from Stranger Things. 3/5

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Deano

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Watching the Inside Man, great so far, 2 out of 4 episodes, now onto the third. Likely the fourth will be tomorrow.

It's been a LONG while since the Hannibal Lecter shtick was done well, and this one is!

Status
Not open for further replies.