PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
"Cunk on Earth". Not sure if I just don't get this specific type of British humor, or if this is simply a stupid show. 1/2 out of 5.
I thought the first episode was very strange with a couple of laughs here and there, but as they go on the jokes get funnier because there more poignant. How humourous one finds it will really depend on your world view. If one is religious, conservative or racist, then it won't be funny at all. For the rest of us it's a real trip. 4/5

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
Why Women Kill is great, 5/5. Finished season 1 and only watched Ep1 of S2, different format, but the story is going to be just as good. In S1 Ginnifer Goodwin was made for the role of Beth Ann, her acting is phenomenal.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and Deano

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
Per @sablebrush52 suggestion, I've been watching Mrs. Brown's Boys on Britbox here and there. I'm half way through season 3. This show is funny.
I rate it 5/5.

Starring Brendan O'Farrell as Agnes Brown, the loudest, proudest mother in Ireland. This nosy, meddling matriarch makes her six children miserable with her overwhelming love for them.

a647b33c89aa035e5fb510ab3f5327d8246f2ae2d9c4aab726600a57dc8ff4f0._UY500_UX667_RI_V_TTW_.jpg

Deano

Can't Leave
Dec 28, 2022
Iowa
Midsomer Murders. 5/5 until True-May left, then the wokeness ruined it for me and l stopped watching.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I thought the first episode was very strange with a couple of laughs here and there, but as they go on the jokes get funnier because there more poignant. How humourous one finds it will really depend on your world view. If one is religious, conservative or racist, then it won't be funny at all. For the rest of us it's a real trip. 4/5
Don't tell me. You see racist everywhere.

• Haha
Reactions: Deano

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
Screenshot_20230304-131219-01.jpeg
I know you're being condescending, but at least you're right on the money.
The point of the show is to highlight through comedy how hipactrical and fallible the human race has been throughout history. The reasons behind the shit we get ourselves into is silly and stupid. Even if you hate it, the show seems to have done it's job.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
Watching the Inside Man, great so far, 2 out of 4 episodes, now onto the third. Likely the fourth will be tomorrow.

It's been a LONG while since the Hannibal Lecter shtick was done well, and this one is!
Episodes 1-3 out of 4 are 5/5, episode 4 brings it down to 2 for good acting all around, again a seemingly very convoluted story that had us talking and guessing with my wife only to be hastily unraveled with massive, superhuman-level assumptions, unexplained things, and a shoehorned "moral of the story" as the closing line.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
View attachment 206987
I know you're being condescending, but at least you're right on the money.
The point of the show is to highlight through comedy how hipactrical and fallible the human race has been throughout history. The reasons behind the shit we get ourselves into is silly and stupid. Even if you hate it, the show seems to have done it's job.
Everything is about perspective. You can see a thing from multiple angles. How you get pigeon holed and lose the ability to see from different side becomes more of a problem than it really should be. In a big picture, human hasn't done a thing. This will also pass. Silly and stupid haven't started yet.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
Watched 'Saving Private Ryan' last night (not seen it since I watched it when it was released).

Pretty good film with an average performance from Hanks, but I'm sure the whole same story could have been told in a lot less than 170 minutes.

A worthy 4/5 from me.

I recognised one of the actors in the film that I've seen before and it's bugging the hell out of me which other film or HBO series I saw him in. It's the guy with the pinched face.

EDIT: It was Barry Pepper and it was 'Green Mile' that I remember him from.

Regards,

Jay.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Watching "Buster's Beginnings" on the Criterion Channel, a suite of Buster Keaton's earliest film appearances which were as a featured player on Fatty Arbuckle two reelers. As always, Keaton is a joy to watch, even though these films largely predate Keaton's finding his character. But for me the revelation is just how great is Fatty Arbuckle, amazingly athletic, nimble and fast. He moves that enormous body like it weighs ounces and his flexibility and agility is astounding, equaling Keaton's. It's worth a watch.

5 out of 5 - Criterion Channel

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
Watching Black Sails on Hulu. Wish there was more swashbuckling on the ship and less time on land, but boobs in every episode so far makes up for a small par of it. The time lines are unrealistic, but understand that TV would be boring that way. So far 3/5 for being entertaining enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.