PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Just finished a nice bowl of C&D Epiphany in The Sacrificial Cob. It tasted extra sweet, and the bowl aroma was lovely, like some kind of pastry. I wonder if that's from smoking repeated bowls of the stuff in the same pipe, or if I just got more of a particular component this time around. I'm now also curious if the topping is just applied to one component (maybe the burley?) rather than to the whole mix -- might anyone know?

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and have about a third of a bowl left of Chacom No. 4 in a late 50s, early 60s Comoy’s straight smooth dark brown Deluxe 20 billiard with a silver cap military mount and a tapered black vulcanite stem. Have enough for most of a bowl. Magnum Roastery Coffee Jamaican Blue Mountain, neat, is my drink.
Comoy’s_Deluxe 20 billiard_50-60.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Here's one for @halfdan -- Dunhill Nightcap in a 16" Williamsburg Pottery clay I bought in college:

View attachment 167388

I have to admit that I've never had as good of luck with my clays as my briars. I think that's from mostly smoking Virginias under the wrong conditions and getting that hot tasteless gurgle instead of pleasure. This time around, I'm seeing if a relatively flavorful baccy, packed a little looser, plus retrohaling does the trick. So far, so good!
@ThermionicScott I LOVE that churchwarden! Going to wear the redcoat (AKA my smoking jacket:)) and smoke a clay when I go to see Lace Wars next weekend:

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I popped a can of 40th for the long weekend and been smoking it exclusively in a Parks Rhodesian that's one of my favs. Holly smokes. I am not a bottom of the bowl guy, but 40th actually gets better as it goes to the bottom.
I smoked a can about 5 years ago and did not see much difference between it and Xmass Cheer. 40 seems slightly less sweet with more bread, grass and complexity.

Fabulous stuff 10 stars

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
I like the basket weave on your clay pipe; I've just made a woven basket today!
Gratulations, will you keep the craft up? I'm thinking about finally getting into carving and flint knapping.

On topic:
I'm celebrating the day with a couple of fine cigars, snuff and beer, nothing for this particular thread.
But I'm also celebrating the order of two new pipes and 1000 pipe cleaners, so:

05848410 - Copy.jpg
New pictures soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.