PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
One thing that’s great is that if you don’t like a pipe tobacco you can always put it away and let it age, or blend it with something else!

My main struggle is getting a good pack and burn without a million relights. In my briar it still eludes me, but in my cob (to which I delegate the aromatics) I’ve no issues.

Still need my training wheels!

In the beginning I loaded the bowl with the three layer method you can read about everywhere. Never got the trick. The same with the gravity method. What works is just to throw the right amount of tobacco for the bowl in, by measuring the depth and width with a finger. Then I prepare a quite loose amount in a Wurst and put it in, sometimes with a little screw like move. On the top I put some pressure to get it in. The rest is lighting and tampin. And of course relighting once in a while, which is a good thing. My tobaccos tend to dry out fast in this climate, so there is not a lot of issue with clumping and gurgling. Especially in cobs it’s easy. I like that open draw. Have a nice smoke.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a small, but tasty Jazz apple, and am smoking Wilke Hearth of Galway in an undated smooth straight medium brown made in France Saillard Lord Clerit lumberman with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Still have some work to do so I can finish this job tomorrow.
Lord_Clerit_Lumberman.jpg

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
January 2019 C&D Haunted Bookshop in a Savinelli Oceano 320.

This is a tobacco that I was always going to try, since people either raved or ranted about it on the forums. I bought several tins to get free shipping and didn’t get around to opening one for about a year.

It’s got an interesting flavor to it. Nuts, chocolate, soda water, stewed fruit sweetness, plum, a little sharp pepper.

Not something I crave all the time, but enjoyable now and then.

F64DF52A-0667-413E-A509-A7FFF3F89ED8.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.