PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Voodoo Queen in a Rossi 8202. I consider this to be my first briar pipe although technically my first was one back in the mid ‘80s during college - some bent billiard that I don’t remember well.

Anyway, I had my first “aha” pipe smoking experience with this pipe and some Orlik Golden Sliced.C35CF4E8-EF71-4758-8557-0A2591C30BC9.jpeg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
Here's one for @halfdan -- Dunhill Nightcap in a 16" Williamsburg Pottery clay I bought in college:

longclay_nc_96.jpg

I have to admit that I've never had as good of luck with my clays as my briars. I think that's from mostly smoking Virginias under the wrong conditions and getting that hot tasteless gurgle instead of pleasure. This time around, I'm seeing if a relatively flavorful baccy, packed a little looser, plus retrohaling does the trick. So far, so good!

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Smoking some Nightcap in the same Rossi as above. I've got a notion to just smoke the crap out of this pipe and possibly get it to look as gnarly as Albert Einstein's pipe, a long favorite image of mine. My Rossi's stem isn't vulcanite, so it won't get as nasty looking...

His pipe:
1662480590743.png

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A third of the way through this bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
Smoking some Nightcap in the same Rossi as above. I've got a notion to just smoke the crap out of this pipe and possibly get it to look as gnarly as Albert Einstein's pipe, a long favorite image of mine. My Rossi's stem isn't vulcanite, so it won't get as nasty looking...

His pipe:
View attachment 167411
My Desktop on my computer is always a mess so I use this photo of Einstein's desk as my screeensaver.
0BC6FB98-F9B5-4413-9235-0F12DB6A838A.jpeg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a set of walking reps, and am close to finishing this bowl of year 2016 D&R Three Sails in an undated straight brush etched black Molina apple with a nickel band and a black tapered vulcanite stem. Lunch follows this smoke.
Molina_Apple.jpg

Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
I love that. Back in the day when I had an office, my desk would commonly look like that. It's nice to know I have something in common with a pipe smoking genius, even if it's just a messy desk and a ratty looking pipe.

A clever person once said "Genius is rarely organized" and I've used that as my defense ever since I heard it as a kid. I thought it was an Einstein quote, but now I can't find anything to back that up. Perhaps it was in a "Calvin and Hobbes" strip or something. I'm sticking with it, regardless!

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
A mix of 5 Brothers and 1-Q in a Kaywoodie Silhouette billiard. My "cellar" and I are located in two different places, so today I went and grabbed a couple tins and dropped off some tins that I'm not smoking currently. I grabbed:

Watch City Terrapin Station
Rattray's Highland Targe
GL Pease Sixpence

Can't wait to give them a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.