Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
I'm smoking some Sir Walter Raleigh Aromatic in a Rossi Rubino 111 while doing some repair work on my wife's car. I'm trying to smoke out the acrid taste it came with as a new pipe, perhaps it's the black coating on the inside? Usually it takes me 10-15 bowls to get a pipe smoking the way I like, but this one is putting me to the test. It's a decent smoker, it just has that unpleasant flavor.
I here ya, man! I much prefer uncoated bowls. I can break in my pipe without a manufacturer's help.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Next in the estate pipe shuffle: Wills Capstan Full in a Peterson's 317. This must've been the last pipe he owned before he passed away since it has no discernible damage. Apparently this fellow didn't clean his pipes, banged them up mercilessly, and when he could no longer smoke then, he'd buy new ones.
IMG_20200923_193434.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after an off-diet dinner, which was a salad, a rack of baby back ribs and mashed potatoes with a couple of lemon meringue cup cakes, and strawberries and creme ice cream. I'm a third of the way through this bowl of 1990s MacBaren Scottish Mixture in a 2015 Basil Meadows Bing Crosby Merchant Service replica with a smooth straight thin shank, aluminum band and black ebonite stem.
Bing1 copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.