PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, two big plates of spaghetti and meatballs topped with sharp cheddar cheese and a few mushrooms for dinner. Dessert was a bowl of vanilla bean ice cream. I just finished smoking year 2010 FVF in a much cherished smooth, brown straight grain three quarter bend 1979 Becker M 4 heart brandy with a black acrylic saddle stem. Cleaned a few pipes while watching the Rangers-Astros game.
BeckerM_4heart_brandy .jpg

Ghosted Tamper

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2023
South West, US
Just had a bowl C&D exclusive in the Marxman Jumbo! Had a quick question not sure if thread us necessary. Do Red Virginias ever impart a slight bitterness to anyone? I seem to be picking that up in the C&D blends with Red Virginias. Only time I really taste that. Just trying to see of that's the connection.
I definitely pick up a tartness from some reds that can border on bitter. Suppose age and additional components can also add to that characteristic.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Just had a bowl C&D exclusive in the Marxman Jumbo! Had a quick question not sure if thread us necessary. Do Red Virginias ever impart a slight bitterness to anyone? I seem to be picking that up in the C&D blends with Red Virginias. Only time I really taste that. Just trying to see of that's the connection.
Everything from sour/butter/vinegar/ketchup can come from reds.

Tate

Lifer
Sep 27, 2023
Northern Illinois
I definitely pick up a tartness from some reds that can border on bitter. Suppose age and additional components can also add to that characteristic.
Thanks, @Ghosted Tamper That's probably a better descriptor. It's not bitter like coffee, more tart like you said but is border line bitter. Not necessarily bad just want to make the connection. In this bowl of C&D it was pretty upfront for the first third or so I'd say.

Status
Not open for further replies.