PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
“Old Joe look at my pipe,
It’s a lot like yours was.”
That song pops up in my head damn near every time I smoke Old Joe Krantz. Neil Young’s “Old Man” in case you couldn’t here the melody through the text. View attachment 172570
Neil Young's Harvest album is very good.

Old Man, Needle and the Damage Done, and Heart of Gold are amazing (and Type O Negative has a great cover of Heart of Gold).

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
I've noticed you have several house blends from Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint.

Great store, decent aromatic focused blends (Arrowhead is like 1-Q on steroids), and my Cayuga pipe was a legit smoker out of the gate (and dedicated to aromatics).
Oh, yes...Morning Smoke is a non-aro, marvelous latakia-forward blend that I just love, first (and only) blend that I ever bought a whole lb of at one time. I always keep some Late Night on hand, too, another one that is lat heavy. I have bought an estate briar and cobs there, but nothing new, since I pretty much restrict myself to filters.

I do like the fragrant 1-Q, but by itself not enough there, there...for me.

Watch City Simply Red in an Altinay translucent meerschaum billiard.

I cleaned up this pipe to photograph this weekend, but unfortunately it rained the whole time. To be consistent I have planned to photograph in full sun.

Translucent meerschaum is softer than regular meerschaum. I don’t handle this one differently than my other meerschaum pipes, but this has developed a lot of scratches and dings all over.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I just finished smoking aged Rattrays Hal O’ The Wynd in a straight smooth brown pre-WWII (Comoy’s) Corinthian De-Luxe 126 pot made for Sutliff in San Francisco with a black tapered vulcanite stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Comoy's_Sutliff_CorinthianDe-Luxe_126 pot .jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of Mr. Christian's Haunted Virginia in a 2002 smooth natural straight silver banded Ardor Venere Extra Fatta A Mano Maigret billiard, signed by Dorelio Rovera with a black acrylic tapered stem. Working on a review of this straight Virginia ribbon cut blend. I've no idea of the release date.
Ardor Venere Extra Maigret billiard .jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2013 Dunhill Flake in a straight smooth 1960 Dunhill DR 137 group 4 root briar canted dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Community Coffee, neat, is my drink. Watching a Tim Holt Western after feeding Tomato, Shy Stripesy, and Daisy the Feral Princess. Daisy would not appreciate getting the lowest billing, so don't rat me out, folks! :)
Dunhill_Birthyear-right_side.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2012 Sutliff BRG in a brown “rocky” smooth medium bend 1970s Peterson 309 Standard sculpted billiard military mount with a nickel ferrule and a black vulcanite saddle stem. Have enough in the tin for one more bowl.
Peterson_Sculpted.jpg

ashdigger

Lifer
Jul 30, 2016
Vegas Baby!!!
Half way through this bowl of year 2012 Sutliff BRG in a brown “rocky” smooth medium bend 1970s Peterson 309 Standard sculpted billiard military mount with a nickel ferrule and a black vulcanite saddle stem. Have enough in the tin for one more bowl.
View attachment 172591
I die a little inside when you call that a rocky. It’s an aboriginal. But it’s your pipe, you can call it Fred if you prefer. Lol.

Peretti Boston Slices in a 1907 Peterson Meer.

4D549CBF-853E-4FB6-92FC-51FDEA5F5116.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.