PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
The VA twists from before. They didn't dry all that well so I put them in a tin, heated it up slightly and left it for a few minutes. Still has the same sweet smell.

20221003_155104 - Copy.jpg

I packed them down my clay.

20221003_155411 - Copy.jpg

The charring was very sweet and pleasant. I didn't untwist and rub them up enough so it was hard to light and the smoke was very sharp. Probably too much moisture as well. It has something Oriental to it but there's also something else that I can't really make out. The sharpness really takes the fun and taste out of it. Got a third left but I'm dumping this bowl. Next time I know better.

JimK

Lifer
Feb 11, 2021
Good day all! Forgot to post yesterday; tried Peterson De Luxe Navy Rolls in a MM Cob; the cob added a bit of sweetness but masked some of the more delicate flavors for my allergy-challenged taste buds. Starting today with beloved Peterson Flake in a large Tilshead Semibent with tapered stem (a 7 1/2 inch flake pipe).

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Not far from finishing this bowl of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.