PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Did a little snacking, and am not far from finishing this bowl of Mr. Christian's Haunted Virginia in a smooth brown medium bend 2002 straight grain Karl Erik Ekstravagant A dublin sitter with a small horn ferrule accent and black acrylic saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Karl_Erik_Eks.A_Dublin_sitter.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Now smoking Wilke No. 515 in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This was the blend Basil Rathbone smoked.

For Basil Rathbone fans: This Wednesday, Turner Classic Movies will have a Rathbone movie marathon starting at 6 a.m. EST and running through out the afternoon. I will record the three I haven't seen before. They are showing two Sherlock Holmes movies, too.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
A quarter of the way through this bowl of year 2017 Velvet in a smooth brown medium bend early 1900s C.P.F. The Chesterfield (Peterson copy) French briar military mount billiard with a nickel cap and black vulcanite AB p-lip stem. That'll do it for me today!
Chesterfield_Bent BilliardMM_AB.jpg

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe

Thank you my friend. I will take a closer look this afternoon. A big hug from Spain. And God bless you.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Part way through this bowl of 1970s Philip Morris Revelation in a 1920s-30s Grant’s Pipe Shop Corinthian Deluxe 409 (made by Comoy’s) smooth brown medium bend bulldog with a tapered black vulcanite stem.
View attachment 172596
Is Revelation or a modern equivalent still available ? I ask because I saw a tin of it in my father's basement workshop (now filled with parts for something). Just curious. What kind of tobacco was it ? Thanks.

Chaukisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 31, 2021
Northern Germany
Do you think I'm missing my clays yet???
I certainly would. 😁

OT:
It's been about four days of undisturbed rest and now it's time for a checkup.
When I cracked open the jar of my first aromatic I was very surprised, it smells pretty much exactly like nutella, a chocolate hazelnut spread.
I have no idea where the chocolate aroma came from, perhaps the coffee, but the initial smell of dark roasted caramel popcorn has completely changed. I'm amazed!

20221003_114800 - Copy.jpg

After about 80 minutes of more ripping, twisting, rubbing and kneading it turned out looking like this.
I put it back in the jar and plan to leave it for as long as the Clan and MacBaren last. I'll probably stove it at some point. No taste test yet! ;)

20221003_130715 - Copy.jpg

The VA twists haven't changed much visually and they smell only very slightly of hay. A pleasant sweetness with a tiny pinch of spice is in the front. Definitely much more aromatic than the bare leaves.
I'll experiment with this batch a little and also heat some of it up to recreate the process of the first time, hoping that it turns into that mock Oriental again.

20221003_114417 - Copy.jpg

I took some out and plucked them apart, rubbed them up. They sit in the open air to dry out a little,
I'll smoke them later.

20221003_132121 - Copy.jpg

The light or something must be kinda messed up, this greenish tint you might see doesn't show at all in person. I'll take a better one later before I smoke them. Until then: Happy smokes! puffy

Status
Not open for further replies.