PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

avail

Can't Leave
Oct 13, 2015
Michigan
This is Paul's Black & Gold Cavendish (one of my faves) in the Mark Twain...glass of beer. Just put some hard-boiled eggs on ice...have a few minutes to kill...

kNEJxD3l.jpg

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
The bowl of Esoterica Woodbridge (sample) I hastily packed in my Savinelli Tortuga 614 faux Hungarian yesterday is doing fine in its new surroundings. Went out lunting unexpectedly, for which I insist on a cob. So here I am, finishing what I couldn't start. Besides, it gave me a chance to put the lovely tortoiseshell cap to good use.

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, House finch, White-crowned sparrow, Chipping sparrow, Northern flicker, and Dark-eyed junco. Autumn and summer are duking it out today, neither gaining much headway over the other. The result is a beautiful day, low 70s, and not much of a breeze. In other words, perfect pipe smoking weather. Johnnie Walker red on the rocks is my beverage of choice. Looking forward to splurging a bit on a bottle of Redbreast for the holidays!

tortuga.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Close to finishing this bowl of year 2021 unreleased Sutliff Black Virginia flake in a late 80's, early 90s James Upshall P DS Tilshead England Made By Hand L185 Canadian with a silver band and a tapered black vulcanite stem.
James Upshall P DS_L185 Canadian.jpg

mbmoehl

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2022
Metro Detroit
Enough digging, tilling, putting down fabric, shoveling rocks, lol --- Sunday afternoon on the deck has begun. I love this compact Luiz Lavos commission. I wanted a little stack pipe and saw a smooth somewhere he had done and he consented to take a chance and try his ring blast on one of these for the first time - turned out great, IMO. This pipe makes me think pirates and Caribbean for some reason, so Sutliff Spiced Rum!
View attachment 172489
I love his pipes, particularly this style. His apples like this are are my favorites. Nice commission, consider me jealous!

VDL_Piper

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2021
Tasmania, Australia
This mornings view is from the highest point on the farm and looking south. Out beyond the Pete B42 Darwin with Stokkebye’s cube cut is the Tarkine Forest. This is world heritage listed, wild, wet and isolated. If you’re a hiker the bottom edge of this forest leads to the east and west Arthurs Range which is Australia’s most difficult and dangerous hike especially in winter. Great pictorial essay on the range here if you’re interested The Most Humbling Beauty - the Eastern Arthurs | Tasmanian Geographic - https://tasmaniangeographic.com/the-most-humbling-beauty-the-eastern-arthurs/
AED56C6E-299B-4408-9083-281F477C7363.jpeg

Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
This is Paul's Black & Gold Cavendish (one of my faves) in the Mark Twain...glass of beer. Just put some hard-boiled eggs on ice...have a few minutes to kill...

kNEJxD3l.jpg
I've noticed you have several house blends from Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint.

Great store, decent aromatic focused blends (Arrowhead is like 1-Q on steroids), and my Cayuga pipe was a legit smoker out of the gate (and dedicated to aromatics).

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost half way through this bowl of year 2012 Rolando’s Own in a smooth straight early ‘60s Lane era “William Conrad” Charatan Executive Extra Large stretch apple with diagonal channel cuts on the lower right and left of the bowl along with a black vulcanite double comfort saddle stem. Ice water and bergs is my drink.
Conrad_apple-thumbnail copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.