PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Fed Daisy the Feral Princess, Tomato the Brave and Abner the Eager. They were waiting for me when I opened the back door, and didn't give me any drama. They were probably too hungry to misbehave. I'm close to finishing this bowl of early 2000s Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Trying to smoke some Luxury Navy Flake in a clay, but the wind is defeating my efforts. I think I need an ember from @halfdan's blacksmith! :LOL:View attachment 259109
@Carol It was VERY windy when I went to see the Sealed Knot at Bolsover Castle in 2019; Dad says I spent all day trying to light my clay:)
Luxury Navy Flake is a good tobacco choice for a clay but I won't be ordering from Smokingpipes again after being stung by customs twice. A shame as I would have liked to have ordered some more Old Dominion clays for re-enactment smoking.
Jason the blacksmith's Facebook page: Log into Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/wielandforge/
I've got a hand forged S hook he gave me at Cromford; I enjoyed watching him making the twist in the metal as I have some hand forged medieval cutlery & Viking drinking horn holders. I regularly eat my food with my medieval cutlery set!
I've attached the photo of Jason the blacksmith lighting my clay pipe with an ember from his forge!
See if you can spot the clay pipes in this video:

Attachments

• Cromford pipelighter.JPG
    Cromford pipelighter.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 6

Winnipeger

Lifer
Sep 9, 2022
Winnipeg
How do you like the tobacco?
I tend to hold off judgment until I've lived with it for a little while. First impression is, it tastes VERY familiar. (Is this produced using Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake or something similar? I'll have to A-B them to see if that's what I'm tasting. Haven't smoked any FVF in a little while. Or is it PS Luxury Navy Flake? I don't smoke those products very often so I guess my pallet needs a refresher.)

It's very good. It has too much Red Virginia for my personal taste because it gives me a bit of tongue bite but I'm used to that. Slow sipping will be fine (and time in a jar!) It's fairly complex. I get a bunch of different flavours coming at me especially in the second half of the bowl. There's something that reminds me of peat (I think?) Definitely quality tobacco. I'd recommend you read @JimInks' review but tobaccoreviews.com is still down as far as I know! I'd also recommend you purchase some and try it out for yourself, but it's SOLD OUT, so tough bananas. :ROFLMAO:

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Had a Nicaragua flashback while at the store. Going to make some avacado, mango, papaya, jalapeño
Habanero and dragonfruit salsa for later as well as fish tacos.
First though a bowl of C&D Exclusive in an Ashton XXX Pot.
View attachment 259113
@PaulRVA Dragon Fruit is pretty looking; I once took some photos of one with my dad's cuddly dragon; I think he liked it:)
I recommend you try the Exclusive in a clay pipe; @Tate says it's good in a clay as well!
Dragon Fruit always makes me think of this story book series:
"The Boy Who Grew Dragons" is about a special dragon fruit tree that actually hatches dragons; the ones you buy are infertile like eggs:)

Status
Not open for further replies.