PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Good morning everyone, it’s sunny here for a change and I’m about to walk WeeBay with some Nebari in the little Clap nose warmer. I started the day with Wessex BS in a Kaywoodie small billiard and the usual coffee.

In the summer I found three baby hedgehogs in the back garden during the afternoon, being nocturnal they only come out during the day if they’re starving and I had found a dead adult in the alley that someone had trodden on. I presumed it to be their mother so called in the local wildlife refuge to pick them up.
They brought back two of them last night and I had made a insulated box for them and placed it in a discreet corner of the garden where they should be safe. I’ve ordered a big bag of hedgehog food from eBay so hopefully they’ll put on enough weight to last them through hibernation. The third is being brought back later this week and I’ll try to remember to take a picture this time. image.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Did you manage to date any of the old clay pipe bowls I sent you? I know some of them are pretty darn old.
@Birddog66 Not yet, I've seen a clay pipe identification guide online and in my Clay Tobacco Pipes book I got in Nottingham; I know the shape & size of the bowls can often be used to date clays!

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
More Gawith and Hogarth Dark Flake Aromatic mixed with some Samuel Gawith 1792 in the same clay.View attachment 259063
@samuelgawith01 I love that pipe & great tobacco choice (or should I say dragonweed:)). The Clay King enjoyed his clay bowl of 1792 Flake at Nottingham Pipe Show last month! I think Gawith tobacco is VERY well suited to clay pipes; good to know we're both keeping history alive by smoking it in our clays. Going to get some loose Gawith Hoggarth when I go to Buxton; taking some empty pipe baccy packets & my leather tobacco pouch that was a birthday gift from @Birddog66 - not much single use with me!

Apr 2, 2018
Idong,South Korea.
@samuelgawith01 I love that pipe & great tobacco choice (or should I say dragonweed:)). The Clay King enjoyed his clay bowl of 1792 Flake at Nottingham Pipe Show last month! I think Gawith tobacco is VERY well suited to clay pipes; good to know we're both keeping history alive by smoking it in our clays. Going to get some loose Gawith Hoggarth when I go to Buxton; taking some empty pipe baccy packets & my leather tobacco pouch that was a birthday gift from @Birddog66 - not much single use with me!
I thank his Majesty for his kind words,and I wish his Majesty luck on his trip to Buxton.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Having a bowl from my odds and ends aromatic tin, I have absolutely no idea what I put in here and haven’t smoked it in a while but it’s actually pretty damn good and would fly off the shelves if it was a marketed blend. Notes of coffee, chocolate, a little cigar and I must have put some VaPer in there too because it’s a little spicy. I think I’ll smoke this more often. Having it in the Kaywoodie pot from the MG set. image.jpg

rsshreck32

Lifer
Aug 1, 2023
Western PA
Trying out some KBV Peaty Hunt in my Jameson's Originals sandblasted bulldog.

As far as I know, this line was made by GBD for Smoker's Haven in the old days. Somebody correct me if I wrong.

Just smoking it for the second or third time, I think this is a great pipe. Seems like a really good smoker. The canted bowl and long gentle s-curve grabbed my eye right away. I knew it would be comfortable to hold and smoke. 6.8 inches. 1.2 oz. Deep 1/4" chamber. The bit and button are almost perfect too. Me like.
View attachment 259036
View attachment 259037
How do you like the tobacco?

Status
Not open for further replies.