PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
2003 Deep Hollow in the IMP. This is good stuff! Pairs perfectly with fresh coffee. Have the day off so working on grocery list (making my sweetie some creamy potato soup and sour olive bread later today), also working on pipe and tobacco organization - winter showed up early, so “sneaking” a bowl at the counter, lol. 34A3D298-53DC-45BB-ADAD-DC7A2E84D4AB.jpeg

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
I went to the service at the local war memorial this morning to pay my respects for all those who made the ultimate sacrifice for the nation in WWl.
In the morning and at the going down of the sun we will remember them.

I’ve given up on my six Upshall pipes arriving and my friends tins of old Erinmore that were both supposed to be delivered by Evri/Hermes a week ago. Needless to say my birthday totally sucked when my own present to myself didn’t even show up. I can’t stand celebrating them anyway but this just made it so much worse.

Even a bowl of McClelland Mature Cake in the Kaywoodie Straight Grain isn’t cheering me up. View attachment 180778
Happy late birthday from my youngest bird dog to another! Hope your weekend is "on point"!8FDF1AAF-7010-43FD-8B7C-783F4ADAC5CA_1_105_c.jpeg

drayve85

Starting to Get Obsessed
Half way through this bowl of year 2016 Peterson 3Ps in a medium bent smooth walnut year 1987 medium bend Peterson 80S Bulldog Silver Spigot with a tapered black vulcanite p-lip stem. Just finished cleaning some pipes while I watch Nature on PBS.
View attachment 180735
I bought a flame grain 80s a few years ago, and was not enamored with it at first, but I kept smoking it because I liked the shape and all. It’s turned into one of my favorite pipes and favorite shapes. I LOVE a good spigot also! Beautiful pipe there Mr. Inks!😀

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
@Backwoods Briar Never had a black clay pipe; if I had a clay pipe with a stem that long I'd probably end up breaking it...
Funny you said that, I broke my first one after a month. Problem was I enjoyed it so much I had to try again. Really nice pipe especially when I get new tobaccos, they let you experience the true flavor. Wish me luck this one’s last!

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
9FDD86A2-29C5-4AA1-BF03-28F8205EC772.jpeg

I worked a little on that falcon, I bought as usual for a few bucks. Cleaning and buffing, taking out the cake was a minor thing. But I had to shorten the bowl a few millimetres on the sanding wheel, because the bowl up to the rim was heavily charred on one side.

Stained the rim and the bowl new in three steps to get the former hue. Left some dents in the pipe because they tell a story.

It’s my first Falcon, with a quite small bowl just right for the faster smokes I like to enjoy during the day. A cool smoke and good draw, almost like in a cob. But the overall aluminium construction is not very much to my liking. I compared it once to @Chaukisch most suitable to gearheads working on their old Triumph motorbikes.

But maybe I buy a meerschaum bowl for that one. Smoking now Perique cones in the old bowl. Nothing to complain about.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl from a freshly opened tin of year 2014 Edward G. Robinson's Pipe Blend in a 2014 Basil Meadows smooth slight bend squashed tomato with an aluminum band and a black pearl acrylic stem in the military mount style. Ice water and bergs is my drink. Watching Mad Dog Russo.
Basil_squashed_ tomato copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.