PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Enjoying a bowl of Mac Baren Vanilla Roll Cake in a Dr. Grabow Royalton - Southern Tier Hazy IPA in a supporting role - a wonderful reprieve after a full work day and evening full of teaching guitar lessons.

I bought a pound of this when it was released - the topping has chilled out juuuust a bit, tasting better than ever!

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Threw together another impromptu blend for today's lunting in my MM Country Gentleman, an 80/20 mix of CAO Moontrance and Drucquer & Sons Loch Ness. I call it "Scottish Lunatic." Naming blends is clearly not my strong suit. 🤪

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, California thrasher, Northern flicker, White-crowned sparrow, Dark-eyed junco, Chipping sparrow, Oak titmouse, California towhee, Brewer's blackbird, House finch, California quail, and Mountain chickadee. Very active day out there, despite the cold (37 for the record, though I'm sure @alaskanpiper could very well be paralyzed by hysterical fits of laughter at the very NOTION of anything above single digits being referred to as "cold"). To that, I say: dude, I'm from the Valley! Anything below 60 is cold! 🤣
Hey man I’d take 9 ambient over 37 with a stiff breeze anyday. It was 24 and gusty here today and just by the time I walked to my car my nips could cut glass.

kg.legat0

Lifer
Sep 6, 2019
Southwestern PA
Welp, that bowl of Vanilla Roll Cake was not the last stop..onto a bowl of Amphora Virginia in another Dr. Grabow (Riviera) - a darn fine blend. Watching "Archer" (hilarious, never really watched it before) as I finish my beer (took tomorrow off of the 9-5, just a short solo jazz guitar in the evening!) --Cheers folks! puffy

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking year 2020 D&R Raccoon’s Delight in my very reliable smooth straight post-1938 pre-Republic Peterson Sterling Canadian 263 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite p-lip stem. Off to work I go.
Peterson_PR_Canadian_Sterling.jpg

Dec 3, 2021
Pennsylvania & New York
Going to have Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding Special Reserve in a Rossi (by Savinelli) Kopp Special Edition Vulcano 320 Author.

IMG_20221111_004625.jpg

I’m feeling pretty bummed. A UK package arrived empty today—it was supposed to contain an unsmoked Ropp Cherrywood pipe with original horn stem that was made at Ropp’s first workshop in Bussang in the 1800s. Ugh. I don’t expect it can be tracked down.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Going to have Seattle Pipe Club Plum Pudding Special Reserve in a Rossi (by Savinelli) Kopp Special Edition Vulcano 320 Author.

View attachment 180756

I’m feeling pretty bummed. A UK package arrived empty today—it was supposed to contain an unsmoked Ropp Cherrywood pipe with original horn stem that was made at Ropp’s first workshop in Bussang in the 1800s. Ugh. I don’t expect it can be tracked down.
sux.gif

Scottmi

Lifer
Oct 15, 2022
Orcas, WA

View attachment 180756

Picked up a can of that special reserve last night at the SPC monthly meeting, which also happened to be their annual slow smoke competition. It was exciting stuff! 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.