PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
I went to the service at the local war memorial this morning to pay my respects for all those who made the ultimate sacrifice for the nation in WWl.
In the morning and at the going down of the sun we will remember them.

I’ve given up on my six Upshall pipes arriving and my friends tins of old Erinmore that were both supposed to be delivered by Evri/Hermes a week ago. Needless to say my birthday totally sucked when my own present to myself didn’t even show up. I can’t stand celebrating them anyway but this just made it so much worse.

Even a bowl of McClelland Mature Cake in the Kaywoodie Straight Grain isn’t cheering me up. image.jpg

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
I went to the service at the local war memorial this morning to pay my respects for all those who made the ultimate sacrifice for the nation in WWl.
In the morning and at the going down of the sun we will remember them.

I’ve given up on my six Upshall pipes arriving and my friends tins of old Erinmore that were both supposed to be delivered by Evri/Hermes a week ago. Needless to say my birthday totally sucked when my own present to myself didn’t even show up. I can’t stand celebrating them anyway but this just made it so much worse.

Even a bowl of McClelland Mature Cake in the Kaywoodie Straight Grain isn’t cheering me up. View attachment 180778
Happy belated birthday Birddog!
I hope those pipes show up.

Jun 18, 2020
Wilmington, NC
Threw together another impromptu blend for today's lunting in my MM Country Gentleman, an 80/20 mix of CAO Moontrance and Drucquer & Sons Loch Ness. I call it "Scottish Lunatic." Naming blends is clearly not my strong suit. 🤪

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, California thrasher, Northern flicker, White-crowned sparrow, Dark-eyed junco, Chipping sparrow, Oak titmouse, California towhee, Brewer's blackbird, House finch, California quail, and Mountain chickadee. Very active day out there, despite the cold (37 for the record, though I'm sure @alaskanpiper could very well be paralyzed by hysterical fits of laughter at the very NOTION of anything above single digits being referred to as "cold"). To that, I say: dude, I'm from the Valley! Anything below 60 is cold! 🤣
I love both your naming skills and bird listings especially!

Status
Not open for further replies.