PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Smoking some Frenchy's Sunza Bitches in a military Pete bulldog. This is my first go at this blend and I have to say I like it quite a bit. It's a nice, strong blend but that subtle bourbon flavor does something nice for it. View attachment 313897
I've got this same pipe, only difference is it's a 999 Army, so a round shank as a Rhodesian instead of the 80s. They'd make a nice pair side by side in the rack.
1717050819630.png

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
After a full day of heavy yard work, wifey and I relaxed with an Eel River Brewing Co. California Blonde Ale. Also along for the ride was a bowl of OGS in a Stefano rhodesian. An excellent way to unwind, 9.6/10

Bird report: Mountain chickadee (the babies are growing fast!), California scrub-jay, California quail, California towhee, Common raven, Mourning dove, Cooper's hawk, House finch, Spotted towhee, and American crow.

stefano.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Passing the half way mark of this bowl of Wilke No. 515 Double Shot in a smooth dark medium bend 2021 Peterson Heritage Brown POTY 4AB No. 45/500 military mount with a silver cap and a tapered black vulcanite AB stem. This is No. 515 with twice the rum of the Basil Rathbone blend. I may end the day with this smoke.
4AB_Brown-left.jpg

gcm

Might Stick Around
Nov 10, 2023
Belgium, Flanders
Cracked open a new tin: HU dockworker. Wanted to see what this Burley forward blend had in store for me.

Apparently it has cardboard in store, im getting very very little flavour right now and this distinct flavour i also get from Semois (the only other Burley blend i've ever smoked).

I will smoke some more bowls in my different pipes this week, ill (hopefully) figure it out ...

Edit:near the end of this bowl, getting more flavour.
IMG_20240530_103329.jpg

Last edited:

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
The stem works fine, thanks. Last time I visited my tobacco store here in Germany, one of biggest, I found Salty Dogs in the Discontinued Shelves. Didn’t ask further.
The price just went up a euro at Estervals. Who knows. Maybe they were just discontinuing it. I havent noticed prices going down when a popular blend is discontinued. Its on the best seller list at Estervals. Id be supirsed if they canceled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.