PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPK

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 30, 2023
Central NJ, USA
They make quite the racket, sounds from another world.

C&D Exclusive in a Castello KK 55
Late start this morning. A Fox woke me up late last night screaming & barking around the yard. We see them occasionally but to date never had one talking trash.View attachment 313938
Its the female out and about hunting and she keeps calling so her new kits know where she is and can find her.

Silverwing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2024
Bowling Green, KY
Well I hate to be a fan boy but I’m pretty much sold on the Peterson System. Had this pipe since Saturday and haven’t used another since I got it. Seriously considering sending the rest of my pipes off to be sold as estates and using the funds to get another couple system pipes. When you dump the juice out at the end of a bowl and visually see it, it’s hard to argue with.

Having Hal o’ the Wynd by Rattrays in System Spigot 312. In a field of clover for good measure. image.jpg

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Well I hate to be a fan boy but I’m pretty much sold on the Peterson System. Had this pipe since Saturday and haven’t used another since I got it. Seriously considering sending the rest of my pipes off to be sold as estates and using the funds to get another couple system pipes. When you dump the juice out at the end of a bowl and visually see it, it’s hard to argue with.
I share your excitement & enthusiasm for the System. Mine began back in '13. I'll pass along a wonderful "hint". Before each smoke (or maybe two), roll up a small piece of paper towel or Kleenex into a "pea", then use some type of tool to poke it down into the well, making sure it's beneath the draft hole. The juice will be absorbed by the "pea" & it can be removed after each smoke (or two). This way, when dumping the ash or if the pipe falls over, the juice won't spill everywhere.

I discovered the difference in how a System smokes. I eventually acquired ten. It's sad to read about somebody who's picked up an estate System where the foul-smelling juice was never cleaned out, drying into almost a shellac & very difficult to then clean. I've never bought a Spigot, being totally pleased with the Standard Systems. NOTE: All of mine were specifically ordered with Fishtail Stems. I never took a chance to gamble on whether I'd like the P-lip Stem.

Last edited:

Silverwing

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 14, 2024
Bowling Green, KY
I share your excitement & enthusiasm for the System. Mine began back in '13. I'll pass along a wonderful "hint". Before each smoke (or maybe two), roll up a small piece of paper towel or Kleenex into a "pea", then use some type of tool to poke it down into the well, making sure it's beneath the draft hole. The juice will be absorbed by the "pea" & it can be removed after each smoke (or two). This way, when dumping the ash or if the pipe falls over, the juice won't spill everywhere.

I discovered the difference in how a System smokes. I eventually acquired ten. It's sad to read about somebody who's picked up an estate System where the foul-smelling juice was never cleaned out, drying into almost a shellac & very difficult to then clean. I've never bought a Spigot, being totally pleased with the Standard Systems. NOTE: All of mine were specifically ordered with Fishtail Stems. I never took a chance to gamble on whether I'd like the P-lip Stem.
Thank you for the tip, I will give that a try, certainly. I like the spigot thanks to the vulcanite stem. With you being able to order fishtails, I wonder if I could still order a vulcanite system standard? I like the p-lip but I can immediately see why some hate it. I have an overbite and it’s almost a deal breaker, can’t imagine trying to use one with with an odd tooth in the way or what-not.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed three big plates of spaghetti and meatballs with a bowl of French vanilla ice cream and a few oatmeal raisin cookies on the side for lunch. I've a third of a bowl left of year 2020 Watch City Rouxgaroux in a 1999 smooth brown medium bend Peterson Sherlock Holmes Series Baskerville with a sterling silver band and black vulcanite p-lip stem. Giving the 4AB Natural a day of rest. Gold Star 50th, neat, is my drink.
Peterson Sherlock Holmes_Baskerville.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.