PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 23, 2019
Haven't done one of these in a while, but really enjoying today's bowl of Butera's Royal Vintage Latakia No. 2 so I thought I'd 'documented' in this thread. Burning it in this Nate King Meerschaum Prince:

wIBpkQs.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just over a third of a bowl left of Seattle Pipe Club Down Yonder in a straight black 1963 Dunhill LBS Shell 4S billiard with a tapered black vulcanite stem. This will get me to dinner time. Cleaned some pipes, and am watching the Braves-Orioles game.
Dunhill_1963_LBS_billiard.jpg

Hillcrest

Administrator
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
Lane 1-Q packed too tight in the new Barontini Hungarian which I didn't think was lit so I puffed to much causing it to get very hot and bubble the wax or cause steam bubbles on the front of the pipe along the cross grain. I put it down and waited for it to go out and re-lit later. It smoked fine and sweet after that. When I got home I used alcohol to remove the steam bubbles and re-waxed back to normal. Won't do that again ! Its only my third smoke in this pipe. Its a comfortable shape pipe though.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Mac Baren Golden Extra in a Foyard rhodesian. Glad the snow melted so quickly! This was the scene yesterday morning:

5.4.23 morning snow 3.jpg

Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, White-crowned sparrow (blackish head, probably a juvenile), Common raven, Eurasian collared dove, California towhee, House finch, White-breasted nuthatch, and Mountain chickadee.

Got basically a lifetime supply of 6mm charcoal filters from a friend, so I will be commencing an ongoing comparison between the balsas I've been using for years with these others. Up until now, I'd only used one or two very sparingly in my MM Country Gentleman, but now I will try them out for a while in my Savinellis, all of which are 6mm. In other words, keep an eye out for an extremely content, disgruntled, or neutral Jewish man rambling nonsensically (me). 😁

foyard.jpg

Beowoulf

Can't Leave
Oct 16, 2022
Right now I am enjoying a blend from 4noggins called Thomas' Blend. - part of their Aromatic Sampler. Smoking it in a Limited Edition Radford's Pipe of the Year 1995 - Sandblasted. Bent saddle stem. Reviewer's rave about this stuff and I can see why!

Radfords 1995 Pipe of the Year.JPG

The Amish Tyrant

Administrator
Jul 26, 2021
Metro-Detroit
Heading into work with 2015 Dark Star.

View attachment 219992
Now that you have a photo with that pipe in your mug, the introduction photos didn't do the pipe justice.

It looked like the mouthpiece was being held by tweezers, which made me think "it must be another display piece, since the pipe can't be that big."

Nope, I was wrong. Enjoy.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Now that you have a photo with that pipe in your mug, the introduction photos didn't do the pipe justice.

It looked like the mouthpiece was being held by tweezers, which made me think "it must be another display piece, since the pipe can't be that big."

Nope, I was wrong. Enjoy.
Yep, it's huge. The chamber is 3"×1".

20230505_203054.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.