PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2022
Cedar Rapids, IA
PS Cube Cut in my #1 cob.

25364EC4-DF2C-496E-9FA4-AEF4F4D83A4B.jpeg

I didn’t realize this right away, but my recent efforts to deep-clean this pipe with Everclear-soaked pipe cleaners have softened and distorted the plastic stem, causing it to bend and crack. I already need the electrical tape to cover the places where I’ve bitten through the stem at the button, might be time to finally replace that stem. puffy

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
PS Cube Cut in my #1 cob.

View attachment 219985

I didn’t realize this right away, but my recent efforts to deep-clean this pipe with Everclear-soaked pipe cleaners have softened and distorted the plastic stem, causing it to bend and crack. I already need the electrical tape to cover the places where I’ve bitten through the stem at the button, might be time to finally replace that stem. puffy
I ran into the same thing. And it was on Forums that I learned not to clean my acrylic stems with alcohol. I did some side research on the effects of alcohol on acrylic and it's true.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
GH&Co. Black Irish X rope cut, hand grated to burn evenly, in a Stanwell smooth bulldog 32, a nice refined Virginia blend in one of Stanwell's classic shapes. Getting a few chores done -- litter box scooping, laundry, about to do some yard, would like to do some vacuuming if I keep moving. Puff-puff.

Status
Not open for further replies.