PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkwttwkl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 19, 2023
Hong Kong
20230330_003352.jpg
Hello! New piper here. Second try of the SG Balkan in a Peterson Spigot 701.
Not very well on the first try, got to relight all the time. I found that the tobacco is way too wet and thicker than the tobacco i try before (Dan tobacco - Holly's Discovery). So I take a much longer drying time, hope it's go well this time.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tasty lunch, and am smoking the soon-to-be released KBV King's Ransom 2023 in a 1986 three quarter bend Bacchus face CAO meer with a tapered dark tortoise shell colored acrylic stem. Felt that I needed another bowl to decide a fine point on my review.
CAO-Bacchus.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Don’t forget the Roundheads Dan, not everyone was a clay smoking cavalier! Or the jocks, with their bonnets.🙂
@simong Oliver Cromwell was known to smoke a pipe!
Famous painting of King Charles Insulted by Cromwell's Soldiers:
One of them is blowing clay pipe smoke in his face...
Portrait of Oliver Cromwell smoking a clay pipe:
Some civil war re-enactors portray both sides although the Royalists were more objecting to tobacco smoking; remember King James I's "Counterblaste to Tobacco".
I could imagine Sealed Knot members saying the smoking ban was "like the Counterblaste to Tobacco all over again"...

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Do you think these would suit the Clay King???
I think "Clay King" would be a good name for a pipe baccy; I imagine it as a golden coloured Virginia / Cavendish blend.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Thoroughly exhausted from some of the most intense physical labor of my life (building a fence line from scratch in very rocky ground), but got through the worst of it yesterday, and with a break in the weather, I'll be enjoying what is likely my last bowl of the month. Sutliff Match Victorian in my Stefano bent Rhodesian. Bird report: California scrub-jay, Steller's jay, California towhee, White-crowned sparrow, House finch, Dark-eyed junco, Northern flicker, Common raven, and Oak titmouse.

With Pesach only a week away now, I plan to spend the next several days pigging out on any and all remaining hametz. Can't wait for wifey's homemade matzah!

stefano.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.