PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
Going to have another crack at my England vs New Zealand clay cutty challenge with @Ahi Ka next week; need to save some pipe baccy! I think my Jamestown clay has a a better draw than the Pollock as the stem is wider in diameter and less restricted. Bowl size and stem thickness can both affect smoking times. I'd like to find out just how long I can make a clay pipe of baccy last. I've been advised to practice with St Bruno Ready Rubbed as this is the baccy used in one of the organised competitions I'm thinking of entering. Hopefully the weather will be better soon so I can get out for a pint and a clay. I think my Redcoat is a size too small for me; if I didn't have it I wouldn't want to smoke a clay pipe except at re-enactments, pipe smoking competitions and the Nottingham Pipe Show! I'd like to keep practicing for clay pipe smoking competitions but don't want to smoke all the baccy and have none for my cutty challenge:)
Practicing for clay pipe smoking competitions takes a LOT of pipe baccy; I can't keep smoking the dragonweed until it kills me...
I'd like to be like this guy who managed to keep his clay pipe burning nearly an hour with no previous experience:
I like how he smoked his clay pipe down to the last ember and then he had a drink of his pint to wash the pipe smoke down! I bet that smoking shelter smelled good with all that pipe smoke!
Been clearing a lot of clothes out of my bedroom & wardrobe; I'd miss my Redcoat if I got rid of it as it's part of my character.
If I enlist in the Sealed Knot I'd be taking my Jamestown clay to events.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Half way through this bowl of year 2014 Peter Stokkebye Luxury Twist Flake in a smooth straight brown mid-1930s Linkman’s Dr. Grabow Supreme Bruyere 9456A patent 1896800 billiard with a nickel band and a black vulcanite saddle stem. This will get me to dinner time.
Linkman-Grabow-Supreme9456A-billiard.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I’ve been busy with garden prep and a few projects to get ready for lambing for our two ewes. First day I’ve had in awhile to sit down and enjoy a pipe and a cup of tea.
I grabbed a codger scoop of Gatlin Burlier NewFound blend in the MM Cob And some Puerh tea.
View attachment 212933
@Fralphog I'd like to see some photos of your sheep & lambs; which breed are they???

haebar

Can't Leave
Nov 10, 2014
East Tennessee
Smoking some G.L. Pease Key Largo in a Dunhill Shell billiard.
Dunhill-Shell-Billiard.jpg

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
@halfdan, Can you get another red coat that is larger?
@Backwoods Briar I've seen a few I like but I don't want to drop pipe ash down it:)
I like this one:
All the Redcoats seem to be made in Pakistan; a bit ironic that it was a British colony at the time of the Redcoats...
The problem is if I got a new Redcoat I'd want to smoke my pipe more, it would end up smelling of pipeweed and I'd run the risk of dropping pipe ash and burning a hole in it...

Status
Not open for further replies.