PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naits

Lurker
Mar 12, 2023
Helgeland, Norway
Nice find! If the markings are covered, I assume an aftermarket band? Either way, the band looks cool. 😂
I doubt about aftermarket band on this pipe. Part of the description from the highly trusted seller:
"UNSMOKED & PRISTINE 1960s (year number is covered by the AD STAMPED GOLD FERRULE, BUT THE OTHER MARKINGS ARE CONSISTENT WITH THE 1960s) DUNHILL ROOT BRIAR R SHAPED CLASSIC POT SHAPED estate pipe."

But I don't know for sure. The pipe is like the day it was carved condition. That's what matters to me;)

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I'm.... Not following?
@didimauw I've been trying to find out how long I can make a clay pipe of baccy last; my best time since my attempts at the smoke-off with @Ahi Ka has been 24 minutes (with relighting, which would disqualify me from official competitions). I found the Black Irish X Twist hard to smoke; maybe I didn't dry it out enough or stuffed too much tobacco into the pipe so it didn't get the oxygen it needed to burn. I'm told it needs space between the fibres to burn properly...

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a tall stack of cinnamon raisin French toast with a navel orange on the side. I'm close to finishing this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a post 2007 Castello straight brown Sea Rock KK US made in Cantu (Kimo) apple with a tapered black acrylic stem. Had a cup of hot tea with lunch, and I am back to ice water and bergs.

Castello_Sea_Rock.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.