PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
What did you think?, I have some and yet to crack one.
I hadn’t tried it either and it was really good. Tangy sweet and a bit zesty. It burned well to the bottom of the bowl and stayed pretty cool even though it was a windy and I pushed it a bit. I have a couple more tins and a couple of the 2023 version. If I understand correctly the 2023 doesn’t have perique and is a much different animal. I hope it’s half as good as the 2022.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
Im having the last bowl from a tin of GLP Regents Flake in the tiniest little Dunhill Shell ive ever seen. Its 4.5 inches long with a 3/4 inch bowl diameter.
Not knowing a lot about Dunhills when I got it, I suspected it was fake.
But knowing who I got it from, I knew that wasn't the case.
Its the only Dunhill I currently own and its a birth year pipe for me....1971.
Im not really into that sort of thing, but the offer was made, and I accepted, the price was very good.
View attachment 314465
Very cool. I can’t bring myself to drop the coin on a ‘67, maybe someday, but not today. I do have a birth year shotgun though😉

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, snapper and sugar snap peas dinner with strawberries for dessert. I'm at the half way mark of this bowl of year 2013 Capstan Blue Flake in a straight 1924 Dunhill’s “Shell Briar” patent pot 7 with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching the Phillies-Cards game. Abner the Eager had been missing for three days. He showed up this evening unable to put any weight on his right front leg as he walked on three legs. And was very, very hungry, and more talkative than I have ever seen. I examined his leg, and he flinched when I checked below his elbow. I don't see any wounds, and the bottom of his paw seems okay.
Dunhill_1924_ pot.jpg

Scottishgaucho

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 22, 2020
Buenos Aires Province.
Malevo's San Jeronimo a Virginia/Perique blend in the Falcon

20240601-211547.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.