PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
Had my first bowl of Capstan Blue today and I'm already a big fan. Easy to see why this was Tolkien's go to blend. The only other straight VA I've tried so far is Sweet Virginia which I found rather dull, but Capstan is wonderful. I used to be skeptical of how good a straight VA could be, but now I get it. It's a very different animal then even Orlik Golden Sliced, which famously has so little perique many insist it can't be a VaPer. I'm still house sitting for my grandma and taking care of her garden. Her house has a wonderful view of the woods and mountains. Smoking this bowl was so relaxing as I watched birds eat at the feeders and bees pollinate her flowers. Sadly it will probably rain for the rest of her time away so this is mostly likely my last bowl over here.
20240530_142343.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Finished work for the day, and am smoking year 2014 Edgeworth Ready Rubbed Match in a very much appreciated 1979 brown, slight bend grain etched flat front Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09) with a black vulcanite saddle stem. Reading baseball box scores.
Stanwell Rego 969-48 (09).jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Almost a third of the way through this bowl of year 2020 Angler's Dream in a 2018 natural smooth medium bend Peterson 03 apple silver spigot military mount with a tapered black acrylic fish tail stem. Time to traffic cop the ferals. I should be able to end the day with this smoke.
Peterson03_Natural_Spigot_2Stems.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
Grabow Omega and Sutliff Match Sunrise/emp

I've got some bulk HH ODF and I've found that it is just too strong to smoke an entire bowl in a sitting, but works well if you pace it and let it cool before relighting. Delayed gratification technique. I also found that mixing ODF with Sutliff sweet VA broken flake is a nice way to mellow out the whole affair . :sher:

marlow-se

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 14, 2022
Sweden
I retopped the Il Ceppo. It was a bit dull. Now it really pops and shines. I will have to make a new photo. Now its time for some Edward G plus perique in the D. Rovera.

View attachment 314373
I got intrigued by your recommendation in last months thread and I managed to get my hands on a tin of HU Director's Cut after some extra searching. I just finished the first bowl in my Altinay. The first few minutes I felt no flavor at all but I'm pretty sure that is because I had a bowl of 1792 about 20 minutes earlier. When the flavors appeared however I loved it, lovely varying flavors throughout the bowl. Definitely not a one trick pony. Thanks for the recommendation! I'm defitinitely buying more. :)

20240531_151800.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.