48 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
3 Fresh Becker Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

How is that stick?
It is quite good for a budget stick. It can stand on its own against some of the pricier sticks, although some others have experienced inconsistency in quality (Though not my experience smoking through 4-5 of them).
The draw is loose, which incidentally I like. I tend to get typical maduro sweetness/ fermented taste). However it is much lighter in Nicotine compared to most other Maduros.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Enjoyed a small, but tasty golden delicious apple, and am smoking year 2018 D&R Windsail in a smooth straight dark brown family era “Canadian” by Sasieni with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Sam the Scamp is scamping at full speed from one end of the house to the other. She's in heat, and since there's no male cats around, she has plenty of energy to burn off. That's the most she's going to do until we can get her fixed.
Sasieni "Canadian".jpg

Sandblast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 10, 2023
Mendota Heights, Dakota Country, MN
Do you find a difference smoking in dark, where you can't see smoke? I've gotten a little better over the years but for some reason not seeing the smoke reduces the pleasure of a bowl quite a bit. A humid night in the Southern woods is one of my favorite places but I need to see the smoke.
Ah yes --- at night, after dark, I like to sit outside on my little patio right outside the LR in my townhouse. I can flip on the patio light, just a simple light bulb above where I'm sitting in my (plastic) Adirondack chair & enjoy a pipe, always with a beverage of choice. If there's no wind & the air is still, I love to see the "puffed out" smoke slowly curl upwards, twisting & dancing almost seductively as it moves skyward. I think it's really cool.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you. Cold start again here with frost on everything but that makes for a delightful sunny winters day and I shall sit in the sun later and soak up those rays. Fist smoke of the day will be the maiden smoke in this Castello, been wondering what blend type to dedicate to it if I'm honest so it will be filled with Mc Connell Scottish Flake. I'm expecting a good smoke out of this pipe with the open draw and largish chamber extracting those delicate Scottish flavours.
View attachment 319145
Very, very kewl pipe!

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
My wife and I had a great day with my daughter and her family, snuck in a bowl of Dark Birdseye in the Pete Short Army 102 while son in law was smoking brats. Had a blast with my grandson and their new puppy.
Got home earlier this evening and grabbed some JackKnife Plug and a pinch of Navigator and tossed it in a small dish to mix up…that had water from wet sanding a stem last night in it🤬!
Mixed another up and enjoyed it in a Nording Nordcoat while tending to the horses.
G’night everybody!IMG_1041.jpeg

Last edited:

dino

Lifer
Jul 9, 2011
Chicago
The Saturday afternoon ZOOM meeting with my buddies was lively and fun. I smoked my K&P Peterson rusticated 381 billiard with an army mount fishtail stem, filled with Drama Reserve. Peach/Mango Green Tea with a fistful of bergs and a splash of Honey Jack was my beverage.

1719122626163.jpeg

This pipe is very like the one1719123282322.png
Sherlock Holmes is smoking
in Frank Wiles' famous illustration
for The Valley of Fear.