PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
C&D "Star of the East" in a GBD Constitution 9456.
I tend to collect oddball pipes.
This one isn't that odd, but I had to have it.....its one of my favorite GBD shapes.
It is obviously made after the merger with Comoys due to its name and it circle COM. But it does have a brass rondell, not painted, its brass.
This isn't that uncommon but odd enough to add to my collection.
I believe they may have used up the stock of brass inserts in the first couple years after the merger. Who knows, its a great pipe though.
17190986103911888077078720518436.jpg

mpjetset

Might Stick Around
Good morning everyone and happy Sunday to you. Cold start again here with frost on everything but that makes for a delightful sunny winters day and I shall sit in the sun later and soak up those rays. Fist smoke of the day will be the maiden smoke in this Castello, been wondering what blend type to dedicate to it if I'm honest so it will be filled with Mc Connell Scottish Flake. I'm expecting a good smoke out of this pipe with the open draw and largish chamber extracting those delicate Scottish flavours.
View attachment 319145
That pipe... the contours aren't following the grain, are they? Looks great.

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
Several pipes while driving today. Fired up this bowl of Ascanian up in the CAO meer on the way to Ybor City. Was finishing it when i walked up and noticed that Tampa Sweethearts wasn't opened on the weekends and visited several other shops and cigar stores. Will return during the week and get my Fuente fix. ;)

CAO Ascanian.JPGTampa Sweethearts.JPG

Last edited:

Sig

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 18, 2023
Western NY
Several pipes while driving today. Fired up this bowl of Ascanian up in the CAO meer on the way to Ybor City. Was finishing it when i walked up and noticed that Tampa Sweethearts wasn't opened on the weekends and visited several other shops and cigar stores. Will return during the week and get my Fuente fix. ;)

View attachment 319172View attachment 319175
Always go through Ybor City when in Tampa.
I don't drink coffee anymore.....especially THEIR coffee. :)
But I DO spend a bunch on cigars and the fantastic food......especially the Cuban sandwiches.

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Quite humid today, but also quite clear, and tailor made for a late afternoon pipe, which was Mac Baren Virginia Flake in a Peterson Irish Harp 80s sandblasted bulldog. Definitely got to snag a pound of this next chance I get...it's becoming one of my favorites (although I've said this about two dozen or so blends in the past couple months). 9.6/10

Bird report: California scrub-jay, California towhee, House finch, American crow, Western kingbird, Steller's jay...and a juvenile red-tailed hawk that defecated perilously close to wifey and I. We shall need to brush up on our Matrix-like reflexes to avoid any future...encounters!

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.

irish harp with sock.jpg

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Relaxing after a wonderful salad, chicken legs and green beans dinner with strawberries for dessert. I've passed the first third of this bowl of year 2018 Sutliff Dunhill Elizabethan Match in a 1982 smooth straight Dunhill Root Briar 31051 dublin with a tapered black vulcanite stem. Watching the Braves-Yankees game.
Dunhill_1982_Dublin_RB.jpg

JSPiper71

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 3, 2022
Toronto Canada
2021 HH Burley Flake in a Genod

53277098967_5eac5d8e5b_k.jpg
Looks like the inaugural smoke on that nice pipe? No better way to break it in than HHBF.

Apr 26, 2020
Northern California
Almost packed for tomorrow, just received a pkg. An Eltang basic poker, I will take with me. And some tobacco. I will blend the 5 brothers and Half &Half as @Sobrbiker came up with the recipe The next 3 are new to me and all their tin notes are great! 4th Gen. Morning blend, C.D. Exclusive and Newminster Superior round slices. I feel like just staying home and smoking now. 1719105120840.jpeg