PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just finished work, and this bowl of Wilke Little Round Top in an undated straight smooth brown pre-Republic Peterson’s Sterling bulldog 150 with a sterling silver band and a black vulcanite saddle p-lip stem. This blend is Back Bay with much less perique (10%) than the regular Back Bay.
Peterson_PR_Bulldog_Sterling150.jpg

Skippy B. Coyote

Can't Leave
Jun 19, 2023
St. Paul, MN
I haven't posted much the past couple weeks, but I've still been enjoying my pipes and have been smoking a lot of Old Dark Fired lately. The smokey barbecue pit flavor is nice and I appreciate the substantial Vitamin N content, though tonight I'm mixing things up a little and having some Gawith Hoggarth Jamaican Flake (formerly Rum Flake) in my Morgan Bones Milan.

IMG20240426011634~2.jpg

I had only had Jamaican Flake one other time before tonight, and oh boy did it ever throw me for a loop with the nicotine content! I was out walking my dog and absentmindedly puffing away on it, when after about 25 minutes all of a sudden my stomach flip-flopped and the spins set in. I always find Gawith blends to be stronger than generally advertised in the nicotine department, but revisiting it tonight with a bit more respect and caution slowly sipping my pipe it's a delightful smoke!

The Vitamin N is definitely there in good quantity, but when sipped slowly it's quite manageable and the flavor is a delightful mix of rum and what sure tastes to me like dark fired African Virginias. There's nothing in the description on the tin or on Tobacco Reviews about the Virginias in this one being fire cured, but they definitely taste like they are to me and I dig it! I also appreciate how gentle and smooth Jamaican Flake is on the throat and sinuses when retrohaled, it's just a very easygoing smoke that I'm definitely going to revisit and smoke more of this coming week.puffy

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
4 bags of rubbish today including 1 from the Avenue Country Park litter pick. Filled 1 bag of rubbish in Chesterfield between buses & another from getting off the bus at Morrisons on Chatsworth Road on the way home. Collected a few more vapes for recycling & dropped a battery in the box in Morrisons. Put the recyclable items in my blue recycling bin when I got home, good to recycle street litter.